Academic Advisor at Arkansas State University
Posted in Other 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Jonesboro, ArkansasJob Description:
Arkansas State University
Arkansas State University does not discriminate on the basis of color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or disability in any of its practices, policies or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, employment, admissions, educational services, programs or activities which it operates or financial aid.
Academic Support Ctr for Athletes
Proposed Salary Range
Commensurate with Experience
Type of Employment: Staff
Employment Status: Full time (29-40 Hrs)
Arkansas State University is seeking an Academic Advisor in Jonesboro, AR.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- This position will work with student-athletes in assigned sports providing guidance in a variety of program service areas.
- Responsible for understanding and applying Arkansas State University, NCAA and Sun Belt Conference rules and regulations.
- Provide academic, graduation, eligibility, career, and personal advising for student-athletes. In addition, this position will be responsible for providing regular academic and athletic eligibility progress reports to coaching staff; assisting with the SAAC program, assisting with administrative responsibilities.
- This position also provides academic and eligibility information to prospective student-athletes and parents, and other duties as assigned.
Knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations
Working knowledge/experience with NCAA Division I academic eligibility policies and procedures
Knowledge of basic computer software applications such as Microsoft Word and Excel
Ability to identify at-risk students and make necessary referrals
Knowledge of student development and retention programs
Work a flexible schedule, including some evening and weekend hours
Maintain a courteous and professional attitude in stressful situations.
Relate effectively with adult student learners, coaches, staff, and faculty from diverse ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
Bachelor's degree in Education, Behavioral Sciences, or related field and two (2) years of experience in the job offered, Graduate Assistant, Coach, or closely related occupation.
Position requires demonstrated experience with:
• NCAA and the Sun Belt conference rules and regulations.
• Working knowledge/experience with NCAA Division I academic eligibility policies
• Knowledge of student development and retention programs.