Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Maryland Heights, Missouri
Responsible for design, development and implementation of Big Data Projects such as Viewership Data Lake. Oversee, perform and manage Big Data projects and operations. Resolve issues regarding development, operations, implementations, and system status. Research and recommend options for department direction on Big Data systems, automated solutions, server-related topics. Provide technical leadership on complex projects and research new technology for use by department. Provide mentorship and coaching to entry, junior and associate level team members, including interns, to ensure a effective assimilation to the team and resource for professional growth.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Integrate technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
* Development experience with whole Hadoop ecosystem like HDFS, Hive , Yarn, Flume, Oozie, Flume, Kafka, Storm, Spark, Scala and Spark Streaming including SQL/NoSQL databases
* Serve as point of escalation, review and approval for key issues/decisions
* Design and implement complex highly scalable statistical models and solutions that comply with security requirements
* Lead innovations by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing new technologies for RDBMS databases and Big Data platforms
* Deliver solutions by working closely with various teams and organizations within the company including on-site and off-shore team members, production support, project managers, and platform and application support teams
* Collaborate with external business partners such as vendors and technical consultants to provide support for system issues or introduce new solutions
* Design and document system standards and operating procedures using confluent chalk.
* Provide technical roadmaps and Oracle/Hadoop solutions to better position the business to meet new technical and competition challenges
* Review and improve existing system solutions and processes towards best practices
* Translate high-level business requirements into high level and detail level design
* Guide and mentor developers/admins on various tasks
* Own a complete functional area - from analysis to design to implementation and complete support
* Provide technical support in formulating strategic technology approaches and systems for architectures for enterprise systems
* Design reusable technical assets and architecture capabilities
* Design, develop, test, implement, troubleshoot, and maintain databases in an Oracle Online Transaction Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehouse environment
* Utilize Data Replication Tools, Golden Gate, Attunity, Vision or Informatica, to transfer data on various databases, and utilize Oracle PL/SQL code with Informatica ETL and Scheduling Tools to provide data for OLTP databases.
* Define architectural solutions by consulting with business analysts, project managers, and developers to determine application and project requirements
* Perform and support PL/SQL development with tables, indexes, synonyms, cursors, collections, views, materialized views, packages, procedures, functions and triggers.
* Perform schema design and data modeling using MS Visio and Erwin or ER Studio and dimensional and relational data modeling concepts
* Utilize Star Schema Modeling, Snowflake Modeling, Fact and dimensional table modeling data warehouse concepts
* Develop and support Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, Oracle and SQL Server database technologies
* Create database schemas, roles, tablespace, rollback segments, and utilizing OEM and performance tuning using TKPROF and Explain Plan
* Work with the application solutions delivery teams in the development of services, components, standards, and frameworks required to support business strategy
* Ensure that projects follow the prescribed development life cycle and meet quality standards
* Analyze and recommend software acquisitions and alternative solutions, methodologies, strategies and tools
* Identify and communicate risks associated with component or application implementation
* Keep current with trends and technological innovations it the cable and IT industry to make development recommendations
BA/BS in Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS or related field or equivalent work experience
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
10 years experience with system installation, configuration and operations
6 years of software or DB development
4 years of DB schema design or XL message design and web service design
2 years of building automation tools (ANT, Maven, Jenkins) and testing automation tools (SoapUI, JUnit)
Charter is an equal opportunity employer that complies with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO Is the Law poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Charter is committed to diversity, and values the ways in which we are different.
The Spectrum brand is powered and innovated by Charter Communications. Charter Communications reaffirms its commitment to providing equal opportunities for employment and advancement to qualified employees and applicants. Individuals will be considered for positions for which they meet the minimum qualifications and are able to perform without regard to race, color, gender, age, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, current unemployment status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.
Charter Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability
Charter Communications will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable laws, including local ordinances.