Sterile Processing Tech at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Dallas, Texas
Job Code: 07440-101725
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
* Demonstrates knowledge related to maintenance, cleanliness, and sterilization of instruments and equipment. Maintains a sanitary environment for the provision of patient care.
* Demonstrates knowledge of high level disinfection and sterilization of endoscopy equipment. (Maintains daily log, testing for efficacy of disinfecting solution with each cycle, performs biological tests and completes log, as per facility policies).
* Monitors and records all test loads and sterilization cycles; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
* Maintains accurate records for PM s for equipment; reports any deviation from normal functioning to OR Coordinator or Nurse Manager.
* Tests operational efficiency of Instrumentation prior to reprocessing and reports problems to OR Coordinator Nurse Manager.
* Monitors all instrumentation for proper sterilization prior to releasing for use.
* Performs required quality controls e.g. Bowie Dick, DART, Biological Monitoring, Disinfecting Solution Efficacy Testing, Test Strips.
* Understands concept of short cycle and it is appropriate to use to sterilize and/or disinfect instruments for immediate use.
* Training in basic aseptic technique and sterile processing.
* One year experience in surgical instrument sterilization processing; preferably in an acute care or ambulatory surgery center environment.
* Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
* Certification in Central Sterile Processing preferred
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.