Monitor Tech/Unit Secrtary - Med/Surg FT Days at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Bradenton, Florida
Job Code: 00309-8334
Days (rotating weekends)
The Unit Secretary/Monitor Tech acts as the primary clerical resource for the unit as well as monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station. Duties and responsibilities include:
Performs a range of clerical duties that support the operations of the unit.
Acts as unit receptionist greeting and directing visitors.
Assists in the ordering, receipt and storage of supplies.
Assembles patient charts.
Answers unit telephone, transferring calls, determining when staff members should be paged and taking and forwarding messages.
Serves as an important link in the communication chain ensuring information is transmitted between nursing personnel, other hospital personnel, physicians, patients, family members and other guests.
Assists in entering patient information in Meditech computer system.
Maintains nursing station in neat and orderly manner.
Completes special projects for unit director, supervisors and charge nurses.
Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent preferred.
* BLS through the American Heart Association required upon hire.
* Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred.
* Previous experience as a unit secretary and monitor tech in a hospital setting preferred.
* Strong customer service skills required.
* Familiarity with medical terminology is desired.
* Computer literacy is required.
* Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.