Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Pasadena, Texas
Job Code: 25772-149354
The Health Information Management Clerk is responsible for retrieving and reconciling medical records and loose documentation from ancillary departments and nursing units. Other duties may include routine data entry of unbilled reason codes, timely scanning and indexing of late loose documentation, assisting with release of information (ROI) requests, answering phones, processing accounts assigned to the facility s Horizon Patient Folder (HPF) work queues and processing HIM mail. This position may work a day or night shift, and may work with limited supervision, depending upon the staffing needs of the facility HIM department.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Retrieves discharged medical records from various nursing units and ancillary departments through the hospital and reconciles them using MEDITECH compiled reports and/or automated reconciliation to ensure that all records are accounted for and ready by the deadline for daily pickup by the courier.
* Places reconciled records in the designated courier bins for the HSC courier to retrieve and deliver to HSC Document Imaging.
* Batches, labels and routes loose reports, late charts and/or late documentation to HSC Document Imaging.
* Scans and indexes loose reports/documents that are identified as critical to coding and prioritize them according to policy.
* May perform routine data entry to assist in updating applicable unbilled reason codes (URCs) into appropriate systems (HPF, MEDITECH, Reconciliation Tool) if chart not received/reconciled within established timeframes.
* Coordinates the retrieval and printing of medical records from storage, as well as the storage, archival and record retention of documents and/or other Alternate Media that cannot be scanned into HPF to include monitor strips (e.g. fetal monitor strips, EKGs, etc.).
* Assists customers with ROI requests, ensuring the validity and authorization of the request, routing to HealthPort, and processing urgent requests on a limited basis
* May assist with the physician suspension process by printing, stuffing and sending out notice letters when directed, making reminder calls, or recording suspension data in MEDITECH.
* Processes facility specific HIM mail as applicable.
* May assist with physician questions related to HPF and the physician portal or other issues that may arise.
* Maintains or exceeds established productivity and quality standards.
* Practices and adheres to the Company s Code of Conduct philosophy and Mission and Value statement.
* Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent required
1 year experience in an office or hospital environment preferred. Previous experience in the handling of patient health information and/or medical records is strongly preferred.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.