Ultrasound Technologist PRN at HCA Healthcare
Posted in Other 10 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Part Time
Location: Port Saint Lucie, Florida
Job Code: 00476-4649
Ultrasound Tech, Imaging Dept. PRN (FTE .001)
St. Lucie Medical Center
Port St. Lucie, FL
St. Lucie is a 229 bed acute-care, full service medical center and a leading provider of quality affordable health care. Because we believe in "Quality, Excellence and Commitment," we deliver the very best medical care with our state of the art medical technologies. We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits program that allows you to select the options that best meet the individual needs of you and your family.
St. Lucie has also been voted as a top five Destination Hospital for Nurses. With a team-oriented approach and ample opportunity for career growth, we think you'll find St. Lucie Medical Center offers the ideal atmosphere for your skills and talents.
St. Lucie Medical Center is a member of the nation s leading provider of healthcare services, Hospital Corporation of America. HCA Ranks on Fortune s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years. In addition, HCA has also been named one of Ethisphere s World s Most Ethical Companies for seven consecutive years. Join our tradition of excellence!
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR FULL-TIME AND PART-TIME INCLUDING: VACATION, 401K, AND MEDICAL INSURANCE.
The Ultrasound Tech performs diagnostic sonographic examinations utilizing ultrasonic equipment in various modes and techniques to locate, evaluate and record pertinent anatomical, pathological and functional data. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
* Performs diagnostic procedures applying prescribed methods of ultrasound technique.
* Produces diagnostic images using Doppler, abdominal or pregnancy ultrasound.
* Selects transducer and adjusts equipment controls according to organ to be examined, depth of field and other specifications of test.
* Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
* Keys test data and patient information into computer to maintain record of test results.
* Assists physician with ultrasound guided biopsies and/or invasive procedures.
* Maintains and calibrates equipment.
* Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
* Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
* Orients and mentors new staff members.
* Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
* Assists with transporting patients.
* Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS INCLUDE:
* Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers or Ultra sonographers.
* Current RDMS or must be registry eligible and registered within one year of eligibility.
* Current state licensure IN FL.
* Current Certification in Basic Life Support with AHA.
Last Edited: 05/14/2018
Diversity is valued and actively promoted in the workforce at all levels. We strive to celebrate cultural and other differences and consider them strengths of the organization.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
The policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves or absence, compensation and training.