Staff Firmware Engineer at Infinera
Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Sunnyvale, CaliforniaJob Description:
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Staff Firmware Engineer
Your Key Responsibilities Would Include:
Working on the industry's most advanced DWDM transport products, which are powered by Infinera' cutting-edge PIC technology, sophisticated optics and world-class Coherent DSP ASICs.
This position requires 5+ year's FW development experience, excellent embedded C/C++ coding skills, and good understanding of multi-threaded embedded system design.
- As a member of the Firmware team, you are responsible for FW design, implementation and testing for Infinera' next generation of Optical Engine used for Long Haul, Metro and Data Center Interconnects.
- Responsible for FW Requirement Documents, Design documents and help on testing documentation
- Interface with optical, hardware, FPGA, ASIC, software, manufacturing and test teams for assigned FW functions
- Transfer of Information to manufacturing, debug and fix customer issues.
Education & Experience Necessary For Success:
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science with 5+ years of firmware development experience in multi-thread real time environment.
- Great C/C++ programming skills. Visual Basic, Matlab or Python are considered a plus.
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills are critical to this position.
- Hands-on experience with Zynq and ARM processors desired. Good experience with serial interfaces like I2C, SPI, and UART.
- Good working knowledge and device driver development for Linux or other Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS).
- Application experience in at least one of the following areas: Optical Communication, Coherent DSP, CFP-ACO, CFP MSA management Interface.
Experience with JTAG debuggers, oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers, software version control (Like Perforce, GIT) and bug tracking systems are required.