Senior Program Manager at Infinera
Posted in Other 27 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Sunnyvale, CaliforniaJob Description:
Infinera is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability. EEO Employer/Vet/Disabled.
Senior Program Manager
Infinera is looking for an experienced Engineering Program Manager to lead product development programs in a fast-paced complex multi-site, multi-product, multi-release environment. Tangible results would be measured through improved cross-functional synergy to deliver innovative products by working with Systems Engineering (ASIC, Hardware, Software, Test/QA), Marketing, Architecture & Technical Support Teams
- Release Management – Define, drive and execute multiple NPI product development programs across all Infinera sites to deliver Optical Transport, Packet, DCI & SDN products
- Work with Marketing, Hardware, Software, Test, Architecture & Technical Support to ensure up-stream (marketing/architecture requirements) and down-stream (customers & manufacturing) deliverables are driven, communicated and consensus built with cross functional teams
- Keep and communicate plan of record to product teams and executives. Escalate key issues effectively
- Drive change control board (CCBs) & continuous improvements across R&D organization
- Establish and assure adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements while meeting high quality standards with minimal surprises
- When challenges arise, show leadership in pulling cross-functional teams together to address critical issues and propose trade offs
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EC/CS/EE). MBA would be a plus.
- 8-12 years of Hardware/Software development experience with demonstrable success in designing and shipping telecom products; especially with Optical Networking background
- Ideally has 4+ years' experience in technical program management with solid understanding of building Systems Hardware/Software in agile environment
- Strong software/Hardware engineering background with a passion for delivering high-performance, scalable products
- Passion for light weight, effective processes and methodologies to improve productivity & efficiency of organization; must be able to quickly learn and apply company's business process to make an immediate impact.
- An independent worker and self-starter who acts on issues with little guidance and understands implied tasks is a must
- Excellent communication and cross-boundary collaboration skills. Must be articulate enough to convey technical ideas to non-technical people
- Has the ability to multi-task within a single or across multiple programs simultaneously