Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Fortinet (NASDAQ: FTNT) protects the most valuable assets of some of the largest enterprise, service provider and government organizations across the globe. The company's fast, secure and global cyber security solutions provide broad, high-performance protection against dynamic security threats while simplifying the IT infrastructure. They are strengthened by the industry's highest level of threat research, intelligence and analytics. Unlike pure-play network security providers, Fortinet can solve organizations' most important security challenges, whether in networked, application or mobile environments - be it virtualized/cloud or physical. More than 310,000 customers worldwide, including some of the largest and most complex organizations, trust Fortinet to protect their brands. Learn more at http://www.fortinet.com, the Fortinet Blog http://blog.fortinet.com/ or FortiGuard Labs http://www.fortiguard.com/.
United States [US]
IT System Administrator (AMGA618)
Full Time Regular
With over 4,000 people worldwide (and growing) and the implementation of new IT systems, we are looking for a mid-level System Administrator to help meet the IT needs of Fortinet s rapidly growing workforce. In this critical role you will be based in our Sunnyvale Headquarters and support our global distribution of network and server systems. This is an excellent opportunity to join a network security company and utilize the latest systems and equipment to support our network availability.
* Build system solutions for projects and operational needs
* Install, support and maintain Linux systems
* Install, support and maintain VMWare, Oracle VM systems
* Install, support and maintain SAN, NAS systems
* Perform system/network/security and performance monitoring and remediation
* Repair and recover from system failures
* Coordinates and communicates with users
* Responds to and resolves support requests
* Participate in an on-call rotation for support of systems outside of normal business hours
* Advanced level Linux system administration experience
* Excellent working knowledge of Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, Ubuntu and etc.)
* Experience on VMware/Oracle VM system is a plus
* Strong understanding and experience of storage systems (Dell EQL/Compellent, NetApp and etc.)
* Experience on server backup (Dell vRanger VM backup, Dell DR/EQL replication, VMWare SRM and etc.)
* Scripting skills (Linux shell, Python, Perl and etc.)
* Experience on automation tools (Ansible, Puppet and etc.)
* Experience on system monitoring (Cacti, Nagios, FrameFlow, PRTG and etc.)
* Strong multi-tasking abilities
* Demonstrated ability to work under pressure
* Excellent English oral and written communications skills
* BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering (or equivalent education and experience)
* 10+ years of experience in system administration
* 5+ years of experience with RHEL, CentOS, or Ubuntu, in an enterprise environment
* 5+ years of experience with VMWare administration
EEOC / AAP
Accommodation: If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Fortinet, Inc at (408) 235-7700 of email@example.com for assistance.
EEO: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.