Microbiology Research Technician I at Cherokee Nation Businesses
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Silver Spring, Maryland
Microbiology Research Technician I
Silver Spring, MD
The WRAIR aims to conduct biomedical research that is responsive to Department of Defense and US Army requirements and delivers life saving products including knowledge, technology and medical material that sustain the combat effectiveness of the Warfighter.
We are seeking Microbiology Research Technicians to work at Camp Lejeune Naval Hospital in NC.
* Serve as a laboratory technician working under the supervision of a principal investigator (Research/Clinical Scientist) or contractor laboratory manager/supervisor in performing laboratory procedure and experiments as required for the phenotypic and genotypic characterization of MDRO.
* Perform experimental work including serological assays, chemical assays, genetic and molecular biology procedures, growth of solid and liquid cultures.
* Perform routine laboratory duties required for the smooth and safe operation of laboratory such as maintaining a supply of clean glassware, properly disposing of hazardous biological and chemical waste, preparing reagents, and maintaining an inventory of laboratory chemicals.
* Maintain a laboratory notebook in which accurate and complete records of laboratory work is maintained in accordance with accepted standards.
* Follow laboratory SOP's and specific written experimental protocols as well as oral instructions in performing assigned experimental work.
* Submit reports and data summaries when applicable.
* Comply with occupational health and safety standards and other applicable regulations and guidelines which may include medical surveillance.
* Attend relevant seminars and meetings to the MRSN.
* Ensures quality specimens for laboratory testing.
* Report clinical data accurately and efficiently to ensure givers receive timely patient information.
* Works to improve and expand the skill set of others involved with this effort by communicating and maintaining team knowledge.
* Will be expected to conduct duties at other CONUS/OCONUS as directed (e.g., See Travel Section), including: Tripler Army Medical Center, Hawaii; Madigan Army Medical Center, Washington; NH Jacksonville, FL; and Keesler Air Force Base, MS, among others.
* Collects blood specimen on a rotational basis or as needed
* AAS in microbiology or molecular biology.
* Ability to perform genomic extraction, library preparation and whole genome sequencing on bacterial surveillance samples.
* Familiarity in whole genome sequencing of bacterial samples, including the use of a MiSeq, NextSeq and PacBio instruments.
* Familiarity in the use of automated liquid handling systems.
* Ability to perform crude DNA extraction and PCR.
* Ability to perform antibiotic susceptibility testing.
* Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, walking, lifting, grasping and repetitive motion.
* Lifting up to 50 pounds.
* Occasional stooping, squatting, pushing, pulling climbing, and overhead lifting
* Experience in clinical microbiology or molecular biology outside of an academic setting.
* GLP/GCP training
* MLT/MT certification preferred
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to job online at www.cherokee-cnts.com
Cherokee Nation Technology Solutions (CNTS) provides technical support services and project support personnel to its defense and civilian agency clients. CNTS specializes in locating hard to find candidates for rapid response requests throughout the country. It provides a tailored management approach for complex government programs and disciplines including information technology, science, engineering, construction, research & development, facilities management, program management, and mission support. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNTS is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_formattedESQA508c.pdf