Dockworker- Inbound, Start 9pm Sunday, 2am Tue-Fri at Pitt Ohio
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
PITT OHIO, a $705 million, high service, highly profitable, transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Full Time Inbound Dockworker- 9pm Start Sunday, 2am Start Tue-Fri at our Harrisburg, PA Terminal.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportation industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
FREIGHT HANDLER - LOADERS - DOCKWORKERS
* A minimum age of 18 years of age.
* No record of a driver's license suspension or revocation for more than 30 days, covering the 36-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR). A suspension for failure to pay and/or failure to appear will be considered provided that there was no conviction for driving while suspended during this time period.
* No record of citation or conviction for any serious traffic violation during the 60-month period prior to the order date of a Motor Vehicle Record.
* No past pattern or record of citations or convictions for more than three motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
* No past pattern or record of involvement in more than one at-fault traffic accident and no more than two motor vehicle violations during the 36-month period prior to the order date of the MVR.
* Must pass a NON -Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
* Must consent to a pre-employment drug screen. PITT OHIO must receive a negative result.
* Must have the ability to read and write the English language and also perform simple mathematical calculations
* Must consent to a ten-year check on work history. Any gap of 30 days or more must be indicated and explained, and you may be asked to provide documentation. Discrepancies may prevent your application from being processed and job offer withdrawn.
* You will be an at-will employee throughout your employment with PITT OHIO. Nothing in these guidelines, your application or in the employee handbook guarantees employment for any period of time or is intended to be a contract of employment.
* Must have command of the English language with the ability to read, write, and communicate effectively with internal and external customers, perform simple mathematical calculations, handle receipts, read shipping labels and follow loading instructions.
* Will be responsible to load and unload freight according to DOT requirements on and off of trucks by hand or by use of hand truck or dolly.
* Sort and secure items in position on trucks according to DOT requirements or on dock to prevent damage.
* Lifting various types of materials will be required: cartons, bags, cylinders, boxes, crates, drums, pipe, bars, rugs, etc.
* Common material handling tools will be used: carts, dollies, pallet jacks, and tow motors.
* Standing, walking, pushing, pulling, twisting, carrying, bending, reaching, and lifting both above and below waist level will be required.
* Heavy lifting will be required.
* Work in a safe and professional manner so as to reduce personal risks and risk to fellow employees.
* Comply with federal, state, and company regulations.
* Process all paperwork daily associated with the execution of the job.
* Be available and willing to work; exceptions require management approval.
* Work in a positive, supportive, and cooperative way at all times.
* Perform other duties as directed or requested.
PITT OHIO is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com .
We offer competitive compensation, an excellent benefits package, 401(k), profit sharing, paid vacations, a pleasant work environment, and much more.
FREIGHT HANDLER - LOADERS - DOCKWORKERS.