Lead Technical Execution Manager at CME Group
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Chicago, Illinois
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it – all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day – whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 2,500 employees located around the world, we’re small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we’re looking for more.
Focuses on coordinating teams responsible for delivering high-risk projects within IT involving many different stakeholders from developers, to QA staff, to business owners, operations staff, and various IT management groups. Plays the role of “execution manager” acting as project owner and evangelist, advocating for the overall project goals in the larger organization. Possesses strong technology solution and integration awareness of managed projects. Often serves as lead business analyst or functional architect on projects. Demonstrates responsibility in communication processes. Proactively participates in planning discussions and scheduling decisions. Leads the implementation and introduction of new systems and technologies. Accountable for the delivery of products on deadlines, while maintaining budgetary responsibilities and keeping the project in scope.
- Leads the implementation of projects, coordinating efforts in multiple medium-to large-scale projects of an increasingly complex and larger scale.
- Possesses strong technology solution awareness and can lead design change and troubleshooting activities during implementation.
- Frequently serves as lead business analyst and/or functional architect on projects
- Works with senior and lead staff to ensure all projects are executing in accordance with the approved solution, escalating technology issues when necessary, clearing able to identify issues and risks while observing projects schedules, budgets, and timelines, and evaluating progress.
- Performs basic project management functions while often partnering with other project managers on larger projects.
- Sets the example and provides mentorship and guidance to more junior “execution managers”.
Skills & Software Requirements:
- Candidate should be highly engaged, results-oriented, assertive, entrepreneurial in spirit with respect for technology and business analysis with a focus on helping to deliver medium to large projects.
- Strong written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills required.
- Strong grasp of integration, interface and/or architectural design concepts
- Strong business analysis requirements solicitation skills
- The candidate needs to exhibit good business judgment, the ability to direct and critique the work of others while maintaining a collaborative team environment.
- Appreciation for process in general, interested in accountability and decision traceability as well as aspirations towards leadership.
- 6-8 years of previous experience with IT Business Analysis and/or Software Engineering/Architecture.
- Experience with managing projects and/or programs with varying degrees of complexity and organizational integration is a plus.
- Experience with infrastructure technology or security projects is a plus, as is a background in consulting.
- Knowledge of project management processes, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods are all a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required. Liberal arts majors will be considered.
See Job Description