Java Web Applications Developer - mid-level at Oakwood Worldwide
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Los Angeles, California
Looking to grow your career as Java Web Applications Developer in a fun team environment?
Look no further than the corporate housing and serviced apartment leader. At Oakwood Worldwide, we know that satisfied associates make for satisfied clients and guests. Oakwood promotes from within! That’s why we offer competitive compensation, a generous benefits package and an empowering work environment.
Oakwood has an exciting opportunity for a mid-level Java/Web Applications Developer . The Java/ Web Applications Developer to support our applications by developing new features and improving existing functionality. The ideal candidate is a skilled Java developer with experience in web application development using Content management systems, full life-cycle application development and systems integration. The role will primarily be focused on development and delivery of web based projects
What’s in it for you?
Our Associates enjoy a creative and diverse work-life. We offer you career development opportunities, and empowering work environment, and a myriad of recognition and awards. For this role, we are pleased to offer a competitive compensation plan as well as these benefits:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Prescription Drug Programs
- Company Paid Life and AD&D Insurance
- Short- and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance for Associate and Family Members
- Multi-faceted Learning Opportunities
- Educational Reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Sick Days, and Holidays
- Bonus/Incentive Potential
- Child Care Reimbursement Plan
- Direct Deposit Payroll
- And Much More!
Key Features of your Day
- Design, develop, and support web based applications using Java 8 technologies (Streams, Lambdas), Angular 4 and Elastic Search
- Design, Develop and maintain websites on top of CMS (Hippo CMS is a plus)
- Provide technical support to all production systems and work with other application teams as needed
- Perform application testing, fail over and fail back testing, monitoring, and issue resolution
- Create required documentation including low level design documents and simple UML diagrams;
Best Candidates will Have
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship required
- 5+ years Java-based web application development experience
- Proficiency in web development using Java 8, Angular and Restful/SOAP Webservices
- Skilled in development using CMS systems(Hippo cms is plus)
- Knowledge and experience in Apache JCR API, Restful/SOAP WS, JSON, XML technologies, Kibana and Elastic Search
- Knowledge of IntelliJ IDEA, Apache Tomcat, Git, Github, Maven and Jenkins CLI .Knowledge and experience testing and facilitating code reviews to ensure requirements and technical standards have been met.
- Solid knowledge on applying Design Patterns and best practices.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively and cope with ambiguity
Oakwood is the premiere global provider of Corporate Housing Solutions
Headquartered in Los Angeles, California, Oakwood Worldwide is the world’s largest provider of high quality furnished and unfurnished accommodations. We provide the advantages of far-reaching resources, unparalleled expertise, and the industry’s most personalized customer service through a tightly integrated staff of more than 3,000 highly trained professional. Our company is staffed by bright, organized and dependable people driven by a common company goal: to help us accomplish great things through exemplary customer service to our clients and to our peers. We truly believe in treating our Customers and Associates the way we would like to be treated.
If you want to work in a fun, pro-employee, professional environment, join our industry leading team today!
See Job Description