Assistant, Administrative I at Constellation Brands
Posted in Health Care 15 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Gonzales, California
Essential Job Functions:
- Writes purchase orders for a variety of winery related items including capital projects, supplies, equipment, materials and services, complying with the company Purchase to Pay policy.
- Operates forklift as required in performance of job duties
- Works with the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor to determine best use of the maintenance work order log and scheduling system to maximize efficiencies and meet the needs of the department
- Works closely with the Maintenance Manager or Maintenance Supervisor to review work requests, identify solutions, and recommend the appropriate maintenance personnel/resources
- Performs data entry including asset identification, warranty information, and other relevant information into maintenance data base in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains the MSDS catalog to assure compliance with state and federal regulations for all materials stored in the maintenance shop and within the Maintenance Department’s area of responsibility.
- Assists Storekeeper in maintaining a clean and orderly storeroom and sets up systems for maintenance workers and other designated employees to acquire materials or parts.
- Works with the Maintenance Manager to create written procedures for all maintenance tasks
- Ensures safe work practices and adheres to all safety policies and procedures, including but not limited to, timely and accurate reporting of all work-related injuries and illnesses to the supervisor, promoting safety awareness to co-workers, advising the supervisor of any unsafe acts and conditions and wearing required personal protective equipment.
- Works with the outside contractors and service providers to make sure they comply with CBI contractor policies. Maintains an up to date record of compliant contractors and service providers.
- Purchases equipment and supplies according to project budgets approved by the Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager or Director of Maintenance
- Promotes quality work and a team atmosphere.
- Develops and maintains the Maintenance equipment logs to assure that all winery equipment and their associated parts are accurately entered into the database in an organized manner.
- Reviews all invoices for complete and accurate information related to price, product quality and services provided.
- Develops and maintains file system for all Maintenance Department activities including but not limited to CapEx projects, equipment service records, outside service provider agreements, compliance, and facility drawings and as-builds.
- Works closely with Storekeeper to provide relevant historical purchasing data and capital requirements for spare parts to the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance Supervisor for the formulation of annual operation and capital budgets
- Maintains “training tracker” and other training records for the Maintenance Department.
- Develop and maintain the Winery Maintenance Reference Library
- Maintains routine communication with all departments with regards to maintenance issues or repairs
- Develop and maintain documentation and tracking of facility keys and tracks assignments of keys to winery staff
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Communicating effectively
- Building relationships & teamwork
- Customer/ consumer focus
- Initiative and results orientation
- Planning and organizing
- Role expertise
- High school diploma or GED required
- Previous experience in maintenance systems, preferred
- Must be proficient in Excel, Word, Outlook
- Experience in populating and managing database systems, including report generation preferred
- JDE or equivalent finance management system experience preferred
- Purchasing experience preferred
- Must be able to exercise fiscal responsibility, within established budgetary constraints
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Must have excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize
- Must be able to problem-solve and adjust to changing timelines
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule and overtime, particularly during harvest
- Must be able to work in a team environment and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner consistent with the company’s values of exhibiting the highest quality standards in all endeavors
ADA Physical/Mental/Workplace Requirements:
- Physical Requirements: The employee frequently is required to sit, talk or listen and drive long distances. The employee is occasionally required to stand; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Frequent walking, including going up and down stairs and ladders, and bending are required. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Working conditions in certain areas of the winery are cold, wet, slippery and noisy. Involves exposure to hazardous conditions. Irregular shifts, including graveyard, and long hours may be required, particularly during harvest.
- Travel Required: 5 – 20%
The purpose of this description is to describe the essential job functions and the level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position. This description is not an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by this position. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties from particular jobs and assign other duties as necessary.
Job TypeFull time
Job AreaAdministrative Support
Constellation Brands is committed to a continuing program of equal employment opportunity. All persons have equal employment opportunities with Constellation Brands, regardless of their sex, race, color, age, religion, creed, sexual orientation, national origin or citizenship, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition (cancer or genetic characteristics), marital status, gender (including gender identity or gender expression), familial status, military or veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related conditions (or any other group or category within the framework of the applicable discrimination laws and regulations).