QC Associate 1 at Illumina, Inc.
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: San Diego, California
Do you want to make a difference? Illumina’s mission is to improve human health by unlocking the power of the genome. If that inspires you, let’s talk. We’ve built a culture fueled by innovation, collaboration and openness, and established ourselves as the global leader in DNA sequencing and array-based technologies. Our people and our technology change lives by driving advancements in life sciences, oncology, reproductive health, agriculture and other emerging markets. Life at Illumina is about working with teammates who are deeply passionate about what we do, because we know that our work has the power to improve lives. We’re an established company with a track record of phenomenal growth. Just check out our investor events and presentations to learn about our financial accomplishments. Our growth isn’t just in financials, we’ve been busy hiring the best and the brightest. Perhaps that’s why MIT has ranked Illumina near the top of its World’s Smartest Companies each of the last three years. If you thrive in a brilliant, fast-paced, and mission-driven environment, Illumina is the place for you. Join the journey of a lifetime. Join Illumina.
- Perform routine and non-routine analytical biochemical and molecular biology assays to support release, characterization and stability testing of raw materials, production intermediates and final goods
- Follow established protocols and SOP’s to test raw material and components for QC acceptability
- Perform daily assignments following written procedures and SOP’s
- Ability to troubleshoot instrument problems when necessary
- Conducting visual and measurement tests; rejecting and returning unacceptable materials
- Approves in-process production by confirming specifications; communication required adjustments to supervisor and generating NCR’s and Change Orders when necessary
- Handles incoming inspection in a timely manner which includes but not limited to sample analysis, batch record review, historical trend reviews, and official documentation findings
- Careful documentation of lab procedures
- Ability to follow written procedures
- Flexibility with schedule may be required
- Preparation, daily maintenance, and use of next-generation sequencing instruments and equipment
- Self-starter, strong work ethic, strong organizational skills, strong communication skills, critical thinking, attention to detail and accuracy, the ability to work independently and in a team environment, are essential
- Requires a basic knowledge of chemistry principles, theories and practices and how they are applied in the lab
- Requires basic communication skills. Periodic contacts with other departments or individuals outside of the organization that requires giving or obtaining routine information related work being done
- Flexible: able to respond quickly to shifting priorities and meet deadlines
- Basic molecular biology laboratory skills such as pipetting, PCR, gel electrophoresis, etc. required. Experience with DNA or RNA sample preparation, sequencing, qPCR, robotics and/or Illumina technology is a plus
- Experience and familiarity with instrumentation a plus
- Ability to understand and follow work instructions and perform molecular biology assays with minimal guidance after initial training
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of GMP documentation, required
- Demonstrated attention to details and accuracy, required
- Listed responsibilities are an essential, but not exhaustive list, of the usual duties associated with the position. Changes to individual responsibilities may occur due to business needs.
- Typically requires less than 1 year of related experience
Illumina believes that everyone has the ability to make an impact, and we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to providing employment opportunity regardless of sex, race, creed, color, gender, religion, marital status, domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, pregnancy, military or veteran status, citizenship status, and genetic information. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please contact us at 858-255-5081. To learn more, visit: https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf