Associate Director System Operations and Administration at TSYS
Posted in Finance 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Columbus, GeorgiaJob Description:
Every day, the people of TSYS® and Netspend® improve lives and businesses around the globe through payments. We make it possible for millions of people to move money between buyers and sellers using our payments solutions including credit, debit, prepaid and merchant services. We are "People-Centered Payments", and our team has the unique opportunity to help create a world in which payments make people's lives easier and better. This is both a tremendous honor and an important responsibility for those who accept the challenge. If you are looking to make a valuable difference for people everywhere - and for yourself - we may have the right place for you.
Summary of This Role
Manages the operation, maintenance and administration of the organization's operating and management systems so that they function reliably, meet the organization's business needs, and use the organization's IT resources effectively. Oversees activities relating to technical guidance for planning, directing, and monitoring operating systems. Plans and recommends operating system modifications or additional equipment to increase the capacity of the system. Prepares operational cost estimates for current and proposed plans. Evaluates vendor proposals for purchases of hardware.
What Part Will You Play?
- Provides leadership for all aspects of a global multi-data center environment. Coordinates the planning, acquisition, implementation, and support of systems deployed globally. Evaluates new technologies for optimal operational value and quality of service. Ensures compliance with regulatory and audit standards set forth by the Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE) No.16, Service Organization Controls Report (SOC1), Federal Financial Institutions Examination Council (FFIEC), client contracts and other relevant standards. Ensures system security standards to protect customer data against unauthorized access.
- Plans and directs global capacity management activities to ensure systems are appropriately sized and configured to support customer needs. Establishes and supervises the collection of analytics used for capacity analysis to accurately forecast future resource utilization requirements. Produces annual capacity plan and contribute to budget development, to support required infrastructure enhancements. Ensures scalability and accessibility of applications or services.
- Leads infrastructure change process for a global card authorizations environment. Ensures that change is consistently-executed, with no interruptions to service. Provides technical leadership of group incident resolution process and root cause analysis. Facilitates large changes and other high-risk activity. Manages monitoring of other teams' changes when requested.
- Leads the development and support of a disaster recovery and business continuity solution, to support a critical business service. Evaluates new technology to decrease recovery times and simplify recovery solutions. Executes recovery of the production environment to an out of region facility, within contractual time frames.
- Facilitates vendor relationships with major hardware and software providers, including problem management, enhancements, and support. Monitors vendor performance, products, and services. Participates in vendor events which focus on future products and services, industry trends, vendor strategic direction and similar topics. Meets regularly with internal staff to keep apprised of strategic direction and how it would be supported by current and future vendor relationships.
- Collaborates and provides recommendations to executive leadership on technology related issues. Engages global internal business partners to understand their support needs and coordinate the development of infrastructure to maintain relevant services as the payments environment evolves. Communicates effectively with current and prospective clients to align business needs with technical solutions. Coaches team members to effectively engage clients and to provide industry-best technical solutions.
- Not an exhaustive list; other duties as assigned.
What Are We Looking For in This Role?
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: related field of study from an accredited university is required; however, relevant experience in lieu of a degree may be considered.
- Typically a minimum of 8 years
- related professional experience including a minimum of 3-4 years experience in a supervisory position.
- None Identified
What Are Our Desired Skills and Capabilities?
Not Ready to Apply? Join Our Talent Community!!
TSYS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) committed to employing a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. For more information about your rights, click here.
Qualified individuals with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodations to assist in their pursuit of employment with TSYS. This includes assistance in completing the job application (online or otherwise) and reasonable accommodations during the hiring process. For assistance with reasonable accommodations needed to apply for a job, please contact the TSYS Pay and Benefits Center between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Eastern Monday-Friday at +1.706.644.8747 or +1.877.644.8747 or email at PayandBenefits@tsys.com.
Outside of US Applicants:
TSYS is committed to diversity and equal opportunities for everyone. We are committed to ensuring that all job applicants and team members are treated equally, without discrimination because of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability, age or any other characteristic prohibited by law. For more information, please refer to our Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, found here.