Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: St Petersburg, Florida
To be a technical focal point to the purchasing, project managers and design groups for alternate low cost, high quality components. To monitor and work problem component issues directly with the manufacturer and communicate status on non-conforming parts/suppliers across all programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Design Engineering, Project Management and Purchasing in identifying, sourcing and the implementation of new/alternate components that is of equal or greater performance without compromising quality at a total cost savings
- Focal person for all quality and functional issues that stem from components being purchased for manufacturing
- Develop, implement and maintain a “Component Data Module” that will allow system users to identify like components used on other programs with their authorized manufacturers while standardizing the description entry for each commodity and ensuring data integrity
- Monitor and drive PPM issues with the supply base in addition to helping them achieve “Dock to Stock” certified with Jabil (in accordance to the vendor performance system)
- Drive supplier selection strategies that will yield a supply base that can be used across all customer programs providing leverage cost savings
- Proactively communicate information or issues that may impact the product costs of manufacturability to all affected departments
- Adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this position and as directed by supervisor
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline required plus a minimum of 2 years related work experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Successful applicants will have to fulfill all prerequisites for contracts. Certain position may require US Citizenship.