Mechanic- Poughkeepsie Asphalt at Tilcon New York, Inc.
Posted in Automotive 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: New Hamburg, New York
Job ID: 131668
“Safety, Integrity, Quality are the foundation or core values on which Tilcon New York Inc., an Oldcastle Materials Company operates. Located in New York and New Jersey, Tilcon New York Inc. is an integrated materials company with multiple quarry locations, water terminals, heavy highway construction division, asphalt and recycle plants. Tilcon manufactures sells and ships, made in the USA, products of crushed stone, asphalt, sand, gravel and recycled materials throughout New York, New Jersey, and some areas of Pennsylvania. Growth opportunity, professional development and a culture of support and resources are provided to each employee for their personal growth and success within Tilcon New York Inc., and the Oldcastle Materials Group.
Responsible for safely diagnosing, repairing and maintaining mobile equipment
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Inspect work area on a daily basis and fill out Work Area inspection sheet daily.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area and perform housekeeping as deemed by foreman.
- Accurately account for time spent working on equipment and time entry must be submitted by end of shift.
- Must efficiently fuel equipment.
- Must be able to operate fuel truck safely.
- Accurately record equipment number, fuel used and meter readings of equipment.
- Diagnose problems, make repairs and perform services on equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Properly complete requests for parts and work order forms.
- Repair and maintain all mobile and ground engaging equipment in a safe and timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to learn at training classes given.
- May be called upon at discretion of foreman to assist other departments if necessary.
- Learn and implement MSHA standards and regulations to insure a safe operating environment is maintained at all times. Report any safety concerns to the foreman immediately.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- High school or equivalent
- Experience with light, medium, & heavy, on and off highway gas, propane, and diesel powered equipment required.
- Must be proficient in trouble shooting, repairing, and maintaining electrical, hydraulic, power train and any other systems commonly found on and off road light, medium and heavy vehicles and equipment.
- Must be able to proficiently cut and weld.
- Must be able to read, understand and follow service, repair, operators, and parts manuals and schematics.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Range of Motion
- Fine Motor
- Climb ( ladder or stairs)
- Repetitive motion
- 0-10 lbs
- 10-25 lbs
- 25- 50 lbs
- 50 – 100 lbs
- Close vision
- Distance vision
- Color vision
- Peripheral vision
- Depth perception
- Ability to adjust
- Works in varied weather conditions: in wet, dusty and noisy environment, hot and cold.
- Some danger due to working around equipment/plant and/or traffic.
- Exposed to noise
- Moving equipment
- Works with other
- Hot weather
- Cold weather
- Wet weather
- Exposed to high heat
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Tilicon New York Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Tilicon New York Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.