Graphic & Product Designer at Wilton Industries, Inc.
Posted in Art 18 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Naperville, Illinois
Wilton Brands LLC (“Wilton”) has a portfolio of iconic brands and is the leading supplier in the U.S. Crafts Industry. These brands help families successfully celebrate life’s many occasions, express their creativity through crafts, encourage them to share with their families and friends, and capture their meaningful and lasting memories. Wilton operates through two divisions, Wilton Enterprises and EK Success Brands, which are leaders in their respective categories. Learn more about Wilton at http://www.wilton.com.
The graphic/product designer will work on a variety of projects under the direction of the VP of Creative and in collaboration with the Wilton graphic design and product development teams.
- Conceptualize and design- both digitally and by hand- original artwork for use on physical products.
- Research current and upcoming every day and seasonal trends in design, housewares and fashion.
- Create well-themed trend boards on current and emerging trends to drive product design for multiple product lines.
- Maintain a high-level of aesthetic judgement, effectively translating trends to products.
- Execute pattern, graphics, style guide development and product designs for printed flat art and dimensional products.
- Create technical drawings, print-ready art, and product specifications for manufacturing.
- Attend brainstorm sessions, trade shows and work with Creative content teams to establish innovative design concepts.
- Manage and maintain product art archives.
- Ensure design and production calendar deliverables are met.
- BFA, BA or BS in Graphic Design, Illustration or a related field required.
- 3 years minimum graphic design or related experience in consultant or corporate environment required.
- Advanced proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite required.
- All candidates must submit a digital portfolio or attach work samples with their resume.
- Ability to work in a variety of styles including juvenile thematic, adult-thematic, modern and feminine styles.
- Skilled in typography, digital painting, composition, color and theme.
- Ability to be flexible in your artistic style.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with tight deadlines in an extremely fast paced work environment.
- Ability to think critically and solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with employees and management.
- Ability to take creative feedback from team leaders and clients.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- The physical requirements are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position