Maintenance Buyer at Arthrex Manufacturing, Inc.
Posted in Purchasing - Procurement 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Ave Maria, Florida
|Division:||Arthrex Manufacturing Inc (US02)|
|Location:||AMI East- AMI- Ave Maria, FL (US05)|
This position will be located at the Arthrex manufacturing facility in Ave Maria, FL. The preferred candidate will have experience as a Buyer with demonstrated success negotiating contracts. Solid computer skills with MS Office desktop applications required, SAP experience preferred.
Coordinate all Maintenance activities to ensure timely and cost effective purchasing and receipt of necessary equipment and supplies in order to ensure continued operations and compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, evaluate findings and make independent decisions on Maintenance procurement matters for goods and services.
- Interpret and evaluate Maintenance contract provisions.
- Obtain oral and written price quotes from Maintenance vendors. Compare quotes with the specifications and availability of items and place Maintenance orders.
- Prepare Maintenance purchase orders through a computerized system and place orders for the purchase of goods and services in a timely manner.
- Organize, update and retain Maintenance supplier and product information files and purchase order records.
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with existing policies and procedures and ensure all purchasing procedures and guidelines are followed.
- Obtain appropriate Maintenance commodities in a timely manner.
- Interview Maintenance suppliers and evaluate their products and capabilities as a supplier.
- Demonstrate a continual effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes and work cooperatively with other departments to provide a quality and seamless operation.
- Research and follow up on questionable invoices and packing slips when requested. Investigate and resolve any order discrepancies.
- Assist departments with procedural tasks assigned, including cost savings, inventory control issues, supplier problem resolution and sourcing.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required. Experience as a Buyer and demonstrated success negotiating contracts both preferred.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Advanced computer skills and experience.
APICS or other relevant certifications preferred.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret a variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers, to handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.