Rebar Team Lead - Lexington, KY at Oldcastle APG Inc
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 23 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
Job ID: 131512
Oldcastle Precast is the leading manufacturer of precast concrete, polymer concrete, and plastic products in the United States. Our products range from utility vaults, reinforced concrete pipe, catch basins, drainage and septic tanks, to retaining walls, storm shelters, wall panels, concrete barriers, a variety of prestressed concrete products and more. With more than 80 locations nationwide and 3,000 plus employees, Oldcastle Precast is committed to upholding core values of reliability, quality, and service in cutting edge ways.
Job Description Summary
The Team Lead will schedule workloads, provide feedback and will interpret and enforce company safety rules
- Balance team and individual responsibilities
- Contribute to building a positive team spirit
- Examine and inspect work progress and equipment to verify safety and ensure that specifications are met
- Estimate material and worker requirements to complete jobs; supervising, training and scheduling employees
- Coordinate tasks for the completion of operations
- Substitute for workers during worker absence or to relieve work-congested areas
- Assist workers in resolving problems and evaluating performance of direct reports for decisions concerning continued employment and promotion
- Other duties may be required as needed
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of the job.
Education / Experience
- High school diploma / equivalent
- Previous supervisory experience preferred
- Must have related work experience, at least 2 years
- Experience with operating a rebar shear
- Experience with operating a rebar bender
- Ability to read/write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Ability to effectively present information to customers and employees of the organization
- Ability to perform basic math functions (adding, subtracting, fractions)
- Ability to read blueprints
- Working knowledge of a tape measure/hand ruler
- Leadership skills; ability to lead meetings and teams
- Strong interpersonal and organizations skills
- Knowledge of hand and power tools
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Lifting may be required with assistance provided if needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Oldcastle Precast is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Oldcastle Precast is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.