Mechanical Reliability Engineer at Verso Corporation
Posted in Other 30 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
The Mechanical Reliability Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing sound mechanical reliability practices to reduce manufacturing process downtime through predictive/preventative maintenance systems.
* Develop, implement and optimize preventative and predictive maintenance systems to minimize equipment downtime in all areas of the mill.
* Develop maintenance personnel to effectively utilize those systems to meet business objectives.
* Evaluate new technology which applies to operating unit reliability.
* Utilize root cause failure analysis to identify predictive and appropriate maintenance procedures.
* Provide technical expertise for equipment maintenance, maintenance standards, and operating procedures for mill equipment, proactively identify, troubleshoot, and eliminate equipment reliability issues.
* Apply the concepts of precision maintenance to ensure the equipment is designed, repaired, balanced, and aligned to strictly enforce standards before being placed in service.
* Re-engineer/redesign unreliable or failure prone equipment to meet expected operating performance.
* Work downtime days, holidays, and weekends as scheduled
* Be on-call from 7:00am Monday through 7:00am the following Monday during scheduled week (currently one week out of every thirteen).
* Possess ambulatory capabilities to walk extensively and climb ladders and stairways.
* Be able to tolerate temperature extremes.
* Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering Technology, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering or the equivalent training and/or experience.
* Minimum of 5 years experience in the industrial electrical field, preferred.
* Prior paper machine or pulp mill experience a plus.
* Knowledge of different aspects of electronics in a pulp and paper facility including AC and DC Drives, PLC s, DCS, power systems, MCC s, motors (AC and DC), generators, and Instrumentation.
* Ability to handle multiple time sensitive projects and issues.
* Ability to interact effectively with all levels or personnel, both hourly and management.
* Previous knowledge of SAP, Microsoft office, Outlook, Excel, NFPA70E a plus.
* Strong organizational, interpersonal, communication, problem solving and decision making skills, as well as initiative and the ability to delegate decision making and other responsibilities.
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, United States