Critical Facility Manager at Brookfield Global Integrated Solutions
Posted in Other 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Cheyenne, Wyoming
McKinstry FMS, LLC a Division of BGIS is currently seeking a Critical Facility Manager to join the team in Cheyenne, WY.
BGIS is a leading provider of integrated real estate management services, including facilities management, project management, energy & sustainability services, strategic workplace consulting, real estate services and capital planning. Its range of solutions, supported by efficient systems, processes and people, enables it to create and optimize places that work for its clients. The team is dedicated to inspiring better business performance and helping clients focus on their core businesses. With over 20 years of experience, we employ over 5,000 skilled professionals and manage in excess of 56 million square meters of property and infrastructure, and delivers services that drive sustainable cost reductions for its clients. As part of the wider Brookfield Asset Management Group, BGIS s clients benefit from the combined strength, expertise and leadership. When you join our team, whether as a seasoned professional or a recent graduate, you re joining an industry-leading company that makes a difference in our communities, drives innovation through best practices and technology, and takes pride in being one of Canada s Green 30 companies since 2010.
McKinstry FMS is a recognized leader in critical environments and data center facility management services across the United States.
This person will be responsible for:
Foster Client Relationships
* Develops and maintains vendor relationships.
* Maintain positive client relationships.
Coordinate Facility Operations
* Creates facility capacity plans.
* Manages monthly financial cycle activities.
* Assesses and reports on power, space, and cooling usage.
* Optimizes use of Computerized Maintenance Management System and implement necessary system changes.
* Provides infrastructure (Mechanical and Electrical) support to the Server, SAN, Networking, Computer Operations, and Security teams.
* Oversees day-to-day Data Center Operations.
* Manage the resolution of facility-related technical issues.
* Coordinates work with other departments as required.
* Establish, communicate and meet performance standards.
* Interview, orient and train new facility engineers.
* Review and document individual performance.
* Deliver regular individual performance feedback.
* Maintain ongoing facility engineer training and certification programs.
* Support individual professional development and career planning.
* Support the Critical Environments Team.
Maintain Facility Standards
* Implement tactical and long-term strategies.
* Implement business procedures and processes.
* Manage facility per client agreement(s).
* Preserve facility assets.
* Achieve budgeted financial results.
* Collaborate with other McKinstry Departments to execute agreements and optimize opportunities.
* Establish, communicate and maintain operational standards.
* Implement utility conservation programs.
* Communicate and ensure compliance with facility operating procedures and processes, work rules and regulations, national, state and local safety and operating codes, and regulatory agency requirements.
* Other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
* Must have demonstrated proficiency for all the responsibilities of an Assistant Critical Facilities Manager.
* Bachelor s Degree in Business, Facilities Management, Construction Management, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent work experience required.
* Six (6) years of experience in Critical Environments and Facility Management required.
* Professional affiliations preferred (24x7, IFMA, and Data Center Pulse) preferred.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Word, Excel, Outlook and Visio required; working knowledge of SharePoint preferred.
* Current knowledge of facility systems, procedures and processes required.
* Demonstrated ability to manage and lead teams.
* Demonstrated ability to manage highly complex vendor and client relationships.
* Working knowledge of mechanical, electrical, and life safety monitoring and control systems typically used in critical environments required.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Ability and willingness to travel regionally.
* Physical ability to walk jobsites in uneven terrain.
* Provide personal transportation for meetings and job visits away from the office; reimbursed.
* On call and responsive 24/7.
Our company culture includes a robust mix of sound business practices and employee initiatives that promote personal and professional development, work/life balance, health and wellness and community involvement.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We believe every employee has the right to work in surroundings that are free from all forms of unlawful discrimination. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, creed, marital status, sexual orientation, or Veteran or military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by local, state or federal law in the relevant jurisdiction. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to employment, advancement, assignment and training.
BGIS is committed to strengthening our diversity through recruiting and retaining minority and women professionals from all backgrounds. Our commitment is consistent with our recognition that it is the outstanding people within BGIS who have always been the source of our strength. We recognize that promoting diversity is an integral component of our continuing quest for organizational excellence.
This commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity is made equally as a social responsibility and as an economic and business necessity.
Anyone with questions or concerns regarding Equal Employment Opportunity should contact their direct supervisor or the Human Resources Department without fear of retaliation of any kind.