Free Trade Agreement Analyst* (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Trade Compliance Analyst-Free Trade Agreements for 3M Supply Chain Operations located in Maplewood, MN. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Trade Compliance Analyst-Free Trade Agreements will support 3M's goals of optimizing Free Trade Agreement benefits and ensure compliance with Customs and trade regulations
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Analyze 3M products to determine eligibility for duty preference, maintain and develop division controls to identify supply chain changes that impact product eligibility and work with 3M International subsidiaries to optimize and track benefits
- Will also be assigned projects that support the FTA team's productivity, improve compliance controls, and grow benefits for 3M's divisions, subsidiaries and customers
- Learn GTS functionality in SAP to assure it has the capabilities to do the necessary job functions for all the Free Trade Agreements. This includes assisting in script writing for GTS testing purposes and helping the GTS IT team in creating FTA certification forms
- Identify opportunities to improve legacy systems and processes to both increase Productivity and Compliance accuracy
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of two (2) years experience in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Legal, Engineering, International Relations, Communications, Economics from an accredited University
- Licensed US Customs Broker
- Ability to innovatively use trade compliance regulations to create added value for 3M businesses while maintaining compliant processes
- Familiarity with SAP
- Proficient analytical skills in applying Free Trade Agreement rules of origin
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% domestic/international
Relocation: Is not authorized
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
See job description.