Regional Trainer & Transition Specialist (Oregon, Washington, Idaho) at Mission Rock Residential, LLC
Posted in Police/Fire/Emergency 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Portland, Oregon
Who are we looking for? YOU!
Where is the job? Based in Washington but will travel up to 90% of the time
Why should I work for Mission Rock? Mission Rock Residential (MRR) is an amazing property management company founded on integrity, honesty, and transparency from all team members. We are privileged to provide our residents service and comfort for their only real sanctuary, their home. If you are looking to be part of a fantastic, customer service driven team, this is the place for you!
Are there perks? Yes! This position is eligible for the bonus program AND is eligible to live on property at a discounted rate! MRR offers excellent medical/dental/vision insurance, FSA, HSA, Company paid life insurance along with paid short- and long-term disability insurance, 11 paid holidays including a floating holiday, vacation and sick time, and offers a 401k with match. Working with us gets you a discount on Verizon phone service and accessories (even if you are already on a Verizon plan).
The Job: This position contributes to the success of Mission Rock Residential, LLC “Mission Rock” by delivering, revising, and assisting in the development of new training programs. The Regional Trainer & Transition Specialist provides delivery support for major leadership programs delivered to team members as well as provides professional support to training programs. Additionally, this position provides Transition support to the Operations Team on an as needed basis. The Regional Trainer/Transition Specialist is responsible for delivering high-impact content both on-site and through webinar-based training sessions to team members to educate them on their job duties/expectations and to improve their understanding of all systems and solutions. This position is also responsible for making recommendations on new training programs/materials and for assisting in the development of new solutions.
- Deliver professional skills training courses to team members. Promote and deliver both on-site and webinar-based instruction.
- Revise and assist in the development of new professional skills training courses based on training needs.
- Continuously improve compliance training programs. Constantly evaluate the training programs to ensure team members have a thorough knowledge of the procedures, programs, policies, vendors, as well as a complete understanding of their job responsibilities.
- Provide professional support to training and development projects.
- Must maintain in-depth knowledge of all Mission Rock Residential, LLC systems and programs that are performed at a site level.
- Effectively present in a clear, concise manner, demonstrating functionality of systems. Effectively troubleshoot questions and issues to meet each individual team member’s needs.
- Participate in development and enhancement review sessions to continue development as a subject matter expert.
- Participate in the development of new training programs and content as directed by the Vice President of Marketing & Training.
- Construct and communicate all training documentation, including training agenda, training reports with class attendance and training issues, training recaps, Help Desk tickets, and other training communication. Responsible for maintaining a current digital and hard-copy of all training programs, including visual aids and other materials for in-house training.
- Keep up-to-date on current trends and best practices to ensure content is relevant to provide maximum value to team members. Maintain a current understanding of related industry and market information through relevant conferences, seminars and networking. Maintain a current understanding in all areas of property management. This position will require a well-rounded base of knowledge in order to field questions or provide a resource for team members.
- Engage and participate with Training team including working with new team members, mentoring & coaching new members, and participating in team meetings.
- Schedule travel in accordance with department practices, company guidelines, and policies.
- Coordinate internal and external resources in regard to planning, developing and delivering training to a designated region.
- Survey training participants to determine the effectiveness of each training method/program.
- Analyze leasing performance and correct potential issues through coordinated training.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics and ensures that they are communicated and implemented as appropriate for this position.
Performs the Transition Specialist function on an ad-hoc basis; setting up systems and programs for a new property acquisition into the Mission Rock Residential portfolio. Transition Specialists serve as the initial point of contact for a new team to ensure they are set up for success. Duties include but are not limited to:
- The onboarding and initial training of team members.
- Review all contents of the Transition Box for that property.
- Understand and train on policies and procedures, including A/P, A/R, move-in and move-out processes, marketing outreach efforts, reporting, petty cash and other procedures.
- Initiate set-up for marketing platforms.
- Confirm the office is set up to MRR standards.
- Prepare HR paperwork for all new team members and ensure they take the required classes in the specified time period.
- Ensure that each team member has the appropriate uniform and/or are wearing appropriate attire.
- Review the property maintenance notebooks.
- Review all property advertising.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input into the Yardi system.
- Ensure current resident files are appropriately
- Develop an Outreach Marketing Program.
Specific knowledge and skills:
- Proficiency in delivering professional skills courses. Outstanding presentation skills with the ability to effectively articulate and communicate in a way that retains trainee engagement.
- Ability to design and revise training courses.
- Ability to support the development of leadership development courses.
- Ability to ensure training programs are delivered to the company's standards.
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently and in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comfortable with extensive weekly and monthly travel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required. Exceptional listening skills, ability to problem solve, and patience with team members of all skill levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work with multiple priorities and prioritize effectively to ensure successful completion of each training.
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- High energy, enthusiastic, determined, and able to positively motivate.
- Project Management experience for small to medium projects.
Education and work experience:
- A minimum of a High School Diploma/GED; 4-year college degree preferred.
- 2 or more years of training experience.
- Experience with training best practices, skills assessment methodologies, processes, and training curriculum design desired.
- Proven training skills, classroom, web-based, and individualized.
- Minimum 3 years in a sales or leasing capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years in the property management industry.
- Knowledge of a property management software is desired (Yardi knowledge is preferred).
*** Employment with Mission Rock is contingent upon the successful completion of a drug test and background check ***