Supply Chain Analyst (Maplewood, MN) at 3M
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Maplewood, Minnesota
3M is seeking a Supply Chain Analyst for the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division. At 3M, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter. Here, you go.
The person hired for the position of Supply Chain Analyst will be responsible for planning and management of product lines within the Industrial Adhesives & Tapes Division (IATD). This includes responsibility for managing global supply chain product flows from procurement through manufacturing in support of customer requirements and business objectives. The position will be customer facing and involve service management, program execution, and strategic initiatives with the customer.
For additional Industrial Adhesives and Tapes Division information, please visit: 3M.com/IATD
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Works closely 3M manufacturing plants, and/or suppliers to schedule & prioritize procurement, manufacturing, and distribution for a specified group of products
- Participates in global, cross-functional teams to satisfy customer requirements & meet business objectives
- Utilizes 3M Supply Chain tools and processes such as Demand Planner (DP), Supply Chain Planner (SCP), Demand Management Planner Table (DMPT), and Forecast Performance Metrics (FPM) to regularly review demand and supply plan exceptions; takes necessary steps to prevent and/or correct anticipated problems
- Analyzes and adjusts material flow parameters such as order quantity, lot size, make cycle frequency, and replenishment interval in support of business and customer requirements
- Determines Finished goods inventory buffer quantities and actively manages these to optimize business capital investment
- Continuously works to improve the planning & scheduling process and communication
- Identifies and implements ways to improve customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain efficiency to achieve measurable results
- Actively participates in relevant corporate programs/initiatives, complies with corporate policies and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with 3M’s values and ethical standards
- Work with manufacturing plants to optimize production schedules to meet service and inventory objectives.
- Reconciliation and general reporting for assigned products.
- Identify and lead projects to improve customer service, inventory investment, and supply chain efficiency to achieve measurable results.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- Minimum of three (3) combined years of experience working with Manufacturing Planning, Supply Chain, Sourcing, Logistics, Customer Service and/or SAP in a private, public, government or military environment
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or Production Operations Management
- APICS (The Association for Operations Management) certification or demonstrated progress toward completion
- Experience leading Six Sigma Green Belt and/or other projects
- Experience with SAP ERP Software
- Experience or knowledge of 3M planning systems such as RDP, SCP, DMPT, PeopleSoft, COMS, GGSM, SCPA, etc.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills; good presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to influence others and work effectively in a team environment
- Organizational and time management skills
- Strong data mining, analytical, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
Location: Maplewood, MN
Travel: May include up to 10% Domestic and/or International
Relocation: Is authorized
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a 3M career.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status)
See job description.