Communications Specialist (Mid/Senior) SLC, UT - #34125 at PacifiCorp
Posted in Public Relations 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
PacifiCorp is one of the lowest-cost electricity producers in the United States, providing more than 1.6 million customers with reliable, efficient energy.
Provides advice and counsel to management and client organizations. Conducts special studies and analyses, develops alternatives, presents recommendations to management and influences management decisions. Researches, analyzes, develops and implements new strategies, programs, and/or processes in response to changing internal and external conditions.
- Act as a consultant to management in determining the best course of action and communication vehicles/channels to deliver key messages internally.
- Develop and implement communication strategies and programs aimed at PacifiCorp employees.
- Develop internal communications messages that inform and educate employees on operational, regulatory and public policy issues important to corporate accomplishing its objectives.
- Independently create and produce communications materials such as newsletters, memos, letters, presentations, talking points, online communications, posters, fliers, etc.
- Support business reporting by writing, reviewing, editing, and compiling business plans, reports and operating plans.
- Facilitate informational meetings and executive visits, including preparing materials, talking points and data pertinent for individualized communities, customers or locations, etc.
- Liaise and collaborate with other departments within the company.
- Provide communications advice and counsel to internal client organizations.
- Act as media spokesperson on various issues.
- Develop production schedules, project budgets and tracking documents, and evaluate work products.
In addition, responsibilities of the Senior Level include:
- Develop and implement strategic external communications that are highly sensitive, complex, and political in nature.
- Provide external communications counsel and support to business units within the company.
- Manage the communications aspects of activities within service areas that could impact the company’s reputation.
- Select, mentor, and coach employees.
- Serve as a key contact for media on often volatile and sensitive topics.
Requirements for this position include the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource Management or a related field; or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A minimum of five years of experience in communications, public relations, or marketing.
- Knowledge of research, analysis, and consulting techniques, Company policies, procedures, practices, and applicable federal, state, and local governmental laws and regulations.
- Program design skills including development of interventions, processes, or new or modified programs.
- Ability to develop and implement communication strategies and programs.
- Communication and interpersonal skills involving the ability to establish trust, maintain confidence, and understand social behavior and interactions.
- Ability to work with all organizational levels to influence actions and negotiate outcomes.
- Ability to listen and communicate effectively through oral and written means.
- Ability to work as a team member, maintain project timelines, budgets, and deliver on commitments.
- Proficient with the use of personal computers to gather, analyze, and summarize data.
In addition, requirements for the Senior level include:
- A minimum of seven years experience in external communications, media, or public relations roles.
Proven experience translating complex issues into understandable language.
- Advanced Degree.
- Project management and leadership skills.
Primary Location: Salt Lake City
Hiring Range: 71,200 - 105,200
Target Incentive percentage: 12-15
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without an accommodation.
At PacifiCorp, we encourage everyone to work together. We embrace diversity and value the distinct perspectives of all our employees. We strive to cultivate a workplace that connects each employee to the organization and enables all individuals to participate and contribute to their full potential.
It is PacifiCorp's policy to provide and promote equal employment opportunity to all employees and applicants in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations governing personnel activities. In accordance with federal guidelines, PacifiCorp is committed to a program of affirmative action. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, national origin, sexual orientation or gender identity.
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screening.