Medication Aide (BIR HTS) at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, OhioJob Description:
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The primary purpose of this position is to support the licensed staff by giving direct resident care and performing Medication aide, well as, Nurse aide functions. This includes, but is not limited to administration of medication, as directed, as well as care for the personal needs and comfort of residents under the supervision of a Nurse, and in accordance with current applicable federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations, Independence House policy and procedure, Independence House ethical statement and resident rights, subject to the employee handbook.
- High school diploma or equivalency
- Current certification, State of Ohio Nurse Aide Registry
- Medication Aide certificate
- Must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.
- Must have excellent communication skills to perform daily tasks.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to needs of the residents served on his/her neighborhood.
- Must demonstrate basic knowledge of the principles related to the aging adult and problems associated with aging. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the resident status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each residents needs.
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift above the shoulder.
This position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV etc)