Unit Secretary- ER (BVHS)
at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
Under the supervision of the Director of Emergency Services or designated RN, implements the process of registration, complete all clerical duties, while providing a service friendly and organized physical environment of the Emergency Department.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Always be polite and courteous to patients and families. Always looking out for the patient's best interests.
Duty 2: Registers every patient who presents to ED after patient has been checked by nurse. a. Witness patient signature. Notify nurse in charge if patient, parent, legal guardian, or POA, is unable or not available to sign.
Duty 3: Must possess accuracy in information along with accurate grammatical and spelling skills.
Duty 4: Obtain accurate insurance information, copy all insurance cards, and fill out appropriate forms.
Duty 5: Registering patient is top priority.
Duty 6: Answer telephones using proper telephone etiquette.
Duty 7: Place telephone calls to doctors, etc. as instructed by RN in charge.
Duty 8: Enters orders into computer system as instructed and call appropriate departments immediately after doing so.
Duty 9 : Enters discharge diagnosis, time and disposition into the computer after a patient is discharged or transferred.
Duty 10: Tear charts down after patient is discharged or admitted making appropriate copies for x-ray, family doctor and doctor referral.
Duty 11: Enter emergency department and ED physician charges into computer.
Duty 12: Deliver copies to x-ray and to doctors mailboxes in Health Information Services at end of shift. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1 year minimum experience in a Secretary, Receptionist or Customer Service role.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/ department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span. Possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Typing, Medical Terminology, and CRT training or experience
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate must be able to lift 20-50 pounds and reach work above the shoulder. The position requires excellent eye/hand coordination and corrected hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasksThis position is classified at risk for possible occupational exposure to bloodborne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.).
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.