ER Patient Care Tech/Unit Secretary (BVHS)
at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The purpose of the ER Tech I-Unit Secretary is to provide the necessary support staff that is needed to assist physicians and other healthcare providers in the Emergency Department. Under the supervision of the Director of Emergency Services, Clinical Manager or designated RN, assists the licensed staff as directed, responsible for the safe transportation of patients and maintains adequate supplies necessary for patient care. Implements the process of registration, complete all clerical duties, while providing a service friendly and organized clean physical environment of the Emergency Department.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
Duty 1: Demonstrates knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on assigned unit/department to facilitate the identification and reporting of changes in patient condition or behavior.
Duty 2: Assist with patient care and room preparation as directed by nursing staff or designee to address patient needs and safety.
Duty 3: Orders and restocks patient care supplies as needed to provide stock to meet daily patient care needs.
Duty 4: Displays Service Excellence as evidenced by practicing the mission, vision, and values of the organization to promote patient satisfaction.
Duty 5: Complies with organizational policies, procedures, and practices to ensure quality job performance and hospital compliance.
Duty 6: Registers every patient who presents to ED after patient has been checked by nurse.
Duty 7: Witness patient signature. Notify ER UTL if patient, parent, or legal guardian, or POA, is unable or not available to sign.
Duty 8: Must possess accuracy in information along with accurate grammatical and spelling skills.
Duty 9: Obtain accurate insurance information, copy all insurance cards, and fill out appropriate forms.
Duty 10: Enters orders into computer system as instructed and call appropriate departments immediately after doing so.
Duty 11: Enter emergency department and ED physician charges into computer
Duty 12: Answers the telephone, transfers calls to appropriate departments, takes messages and communicates messages to the appropriate person using telephone etiquette.
Duty 13: Maintains all departmental and unit specific competenciesREQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or equivalent
- CPR Certified
- On the job training
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and organizational skills required.
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Medical Terminology
- Medical training
- Experience in a Secretary, Receptionist or Customer Service role
- Accurate typing skills, computer training or experience and CRT training
- Registration experience helpful
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent walking, lifting, bending, climbing, squatting, kneeling, twisting, sitting and standing. The associate will be required to walk up to two hours a day, sit for four hours a day, and stand for two hours a day. The individual must be able to lift 50 pounds and reach work above the shoulders. The associate must have good eye/hand coordination and fine finger dexterity. The individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range.This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc).
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.