at Blanchard Valley Regional Health Center
Posted in Health Care 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Findlay, Ohio
PURPOSE OF THIS POSITION
The Patient Observer role provides constant bedside observation and monitoring for assigned patients to ensure safety and prevention of injury. The Patient Observer functions under the direction of a Registered Nurse responsible for the assigned patient's care.JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duty 1: Receives SBAR from RN responsible for the patient's care. Information will include any patient specific behaviors that require close monitoring.
- Duty 2: The Patient Observer will courteously greet patients. Identifies self, and explains role.
- Duty 3: Ensures patient safety by assisting patient within boundaries of role and promptly requests assistance of the Registered Nurse or other members of the nursing care team when needed.
- Duty 4: Reports all observed changes in patient status or condition to the Registered Nurse.
- Duty 5: Assists patient with meals as directed by the Registered Nurse.
- Duty 6: Does not leave patient's bedside unless relieved by another staff member.
- Duty 7: Immediately notifies Registered Nurse if tubes, IVs, catheters, or any other medical device becomes disconnected.
- Duty 8: Accompanies patient to other areas of hospital for diagnostic testing or upon transfer to other units.
- Duty 9: Maintains a safe, orderly environment in the patient's room.
- Duty 10: Constantly evaluates the patient's environment for possible hazards such as water spilled on floor, items blocking path to restroom, etc. and removes those hazards immediately.
- Duty 11: Promotes infection control by washing hands before and after all patient contact.
- Duty 12: Follows isolation procedures according to Infection Control Isolation policy.
- Duty 13: Assists patient in use of call system, bed controls, television controls.
- High School diploma or GED required
- Current CPR Certification or within 6 months of hire
- Positive service-oriented interpersonal and communication skills required.
- Individual must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served on his/her assigned unit/department. The individual must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and possess the ability to assess data reflective of the patient status and Interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each patient's requirements relative to their age-specific needs and to provide the care needed as described in the area's policies and procedures.
- Previous healthcare experience preferred
- BCLS certification highly encouraged
This position requires a full range of body motion with intermittent activities in walking, sitting, lifting, bending, squatting, climbing, kneeling, twisting and standing. The associate will be required to lift 50 pounds or more. This position requires individuals to lift work above the Shoulder. The associate must have corrected vision and hearing in the normal range. Individual must have excellent verbal communication skills to perform daily tasks.This position is classified "at risk" for possible occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens (HBV, HIV, etc.)
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.