at Federal Signal Corporation
Posted in Admin - Clerical 14 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Elgin, Illinois
Federal Signal Corporation (NYSE:FSS) provides products and services to protect people and our planet. Founded in 1901, Federal Signal is a leading global designer and manufacturer of products and total solutions that serve municipal, governmental, industrial and commercial customers. Headquartered in Oak Brook, Ill., with manufacturing facilities worldwide, the Company operates two groups: Environmental Solutions and Safety and Security Systems. For more information on Federal Signal, visit: www.federalsignal.com.
Federal Signal is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Sold and serviced through a network of more than 100 dealer locations worldwide, Elgin Sweeper products are the sweepers of choice for a variety of general street maintenance, special industrial and airport applications. With more than 100 years of experience, Elgin Sweeper offers municipalities, contractors and industries the most sweeper options in the country, using the latest sweeping technologies—mechanical, pure vacuum, regenerative air, alternative fuel and waterless dust control. Elgin Sweeper is a subsidiary of Federal Signal Corporation’s Environmental Solutions Group. For more information, visit www.elginsweeper.com.
- Execute specific commodity objectives with an emphasis on quality improvement, technology development, on time delivery, inventory reduction, lead-time reduction, and customer focus.
- Secure materials, equipment, services and supplies in accordance with the quality, quantity and delivery requirements of the requisitioning departments and company objectives.
- Develop the most suitable procurement and replenishment arrangements for commodities, including blanket orders, spot purchase orders, supplier stocking arrangements, and pull system implementations.
- Initiate and analyze Request for Quotations with existing preferred suppliers when available. Provide sourcing direction on special and unique Elgin commodities or services. Verify material requisitions for accuracy in specifications, order quantities, etc.
- Coordinate timely returns of rejected material and ensure that proper credit processes are followed.
- Actively participate and lead in Lean Enterprise and Lean Supply Chain initiatives, Strategic Supplier Alliances, and Pull System Projects.
- Keep inventory investment and inventory losses at a practical minimum. Achieve a reasonable balance between the level of inventory required to support operations and the cost of carrying inventory.
- It is the responsibility of the Commodity Planner I to work with the Purchasing Manager and the Supply Base Manager to make certain that the supplier is meeting the delivery, quality, and service requirements that are needed in order to remain a preferred supplier for the Company.
- Manage inventory turns and address slow moving or excess inventory items.
- Provide input into commodity strategy development.
- Resolve purchase order acknowledgement discrepancies with suppliers.
- Resolve supplier delivery problems contributing to production line shortages. Use other internal resources as required to assist in resolution. Be proactive as opposed to reactive in preventing shortages. Be able to compile data into MS Office software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel) to summarize relevant details regarding vendor situations and propose solutions with cause and effect implications to Purchasing Manager.
- Perform other duties, assignments, and special projects assigned by the Purchasing Manager.
Bachelors in Business, Logistic Operations, Supply Chain Management
Skills/Job Experience required
- Three + years purchasing or inventory planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Thorough knowledge of purchasing/inventory control procedures and internal controls.
- The ability to represent the Company effectively and professionally in dealings with suppliers is essential.
- Strong analytical, communication (both verbal and written), planning, follow-through, and accuracy skills are required.
- MS Office and MS Outlook proficiency are required. Strong MS Excel skills desired.
- J. D. Edwards experience is preferred.
In addition to excellent career growth opportunities, Federal Signal Corporation offers a wide array of benefits including: annual bonus potential, insurance (life, medical, dental, vision), paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) with matching contributions and tuition reimbursement. We provide our employees with a smoke-free, drug-free workplace.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.