Asphalt Plant Groundman at Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc.
Posted in Construction 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Huntington, West Virginia
Job ID: 129951
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc., an Oldcastle Materials company, is one of West Virginia’s premier grading and paving contractors in the state. Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. performs all aspects of roadway construction including grading, paving, stone, concrete and more. Quarry operations are also a vital part of our business. Privately owned and operated until joining the Oldcastle family in 2000, West Virginia Paving, Inc. has been servicing residents of West Virginia with the foremost paving services for decades. In addition, by being a part of the Oldcastle family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form Oldcastle. Oldcastle is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Asphalt Plant Groundman
Tired of browsing the classifieds? Job searches unsuccessful? Look no further, Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. has the perfect career opportunity waiting for you!
Job Description Summary
- Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc., a division of Oldcastle Materials, is currently seeking an asphalt plant laborer/operator. This is skilled position requiring the maintenance and up keep of the asphalt plant, as well as various manual tasks including but not limited to the following: greasing the plant and keeping the plant working efficiently, checking and maintaining proper oil levels, laboring and minor servicing of the plant as needed, operating the plant, performing ground maintenance, and running the loader. The successful candidate will float between the Beckley, Alta, Princeton, and Summersville plants.
- Performs basic maintenance and service on asphalt plant as required.
- Ability to weld and use cutting torch is a plus.
- Cleans and maintain yard daily.
- Keep plant lubed and greased.
- Maintain oil levels of plant.
- Operation of asphalt plant and loader.
- Ability to perform strenuous work in varying weather conditions.
- Shoveling, sweeping, steam cleaning, painting, tire work, mechanical assistance, lifting, pushing and pulling various objects and raking.
- Other duties assigned by supervisor.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move from 10 to 100 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent, preferred but not required.
What Oldcastle Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Southern West Virginia Asphalt, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.