Maintenance Millwright at Georgia- Pacific
Posted in Installation - Maint - Repair 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Warm Springs, Georgia
Who is Georgia-Pacific? Watch to find out!
Maintenance Millwright - Warm Springs, GA
Are you self-motivated and enthusiastic with a passion for maintenance? Then we have the job for you! Georgia-Pacific is a seeking safety-oriented individual to join our team as a Maintenance Millwright in Warm Springs, GA. This role creates value by ensuring machine reliability through troubleshooting and preventative maintenance techniques on industrial plant equipment. This position is a vital resource for our ongoing success and productivity and we are very interested in learning about you!
A Day In The Life Typically Includes:
- Troubleshooting, repairing and maintaining industrial machinery
- Installing and aligning new equipment
- Performing periodic maintenance routines including lubricating machine tools and equipment for improved reliability and uptime
- Maintaining accurate maintenance logs including labor hours and critical preventative maintenance findings
- Working with the operations and maintenance teams to identify and prioritize maintenance needs
- Helping meet or exceed production and quality goals while optimizing equipment to reduce waste
- Adhering to all plant safety and environmental guidelines, policies and procedures and actively participating in safety program
What You Will Need:
- High school diploma or GED OR five (5) years of industrial manufacturing experience
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working in a mechanical maintenance position within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Willing and able to work any shift, on-call, holidays, weekends and overtime as needed
- Experience working with hydraulic and pneumatics systems
- Experience using a cutting torch and welding with an arc welder
- Experience troubleshooting issues with bearings, chains, sprockets, gearboxes, conveyors
- Experience reading and understanding mechanical drawings
- Experience with precision alignment of motors, couplings, bearings and pumps, and lubrication
- Willing and able to maintain strict adherence to safety rules and regulations including wearing PPE (personal protective equipment)
- Willing and able to work in a hot, humid, cold, and noisy industrial environment
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Leadership experience in a manufacturing company with a focus on mechanical and reliability maintenance
- Two (2) year technical degree or higher in maintenance mechanics
- Lean Six Sigma certification
- Experience in precision maintenance practices such as lubrication, alignment techniques, and precision measuring
Want to learn more about Georgia-Pacific?
Salary and benefits commensurate with experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran
Except where prohibited by state law, all offers of employment are conditioned upon successfully passing a drug test.
This employer uses E-Verify. Please visit the following website for additional information: www.kochcareers.com/doc/Everify.pdf