at Overhead Door Corporation
Posted in Architecture 12 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Corpus Christi, Texas
Performs a variety of engineering work in designing, planning, troubleshooting and overseeing manufacture, installation, operation, and maintenance of electric equipment, systems, and facilities used in automatic doors and systems. Works closely with other engineering disciplines in the development and application of equipment to increase production quality, efficiency, or volume. Works closely with product management to clarify engineering designs. Performs activities concerned with design, testing, and manufacture of electronic components, products, and systems, and in development of applications of products to commercial, industrial, and security uses.
This position can be located in either Corpus Christi, TX or Dallas, TX.
- Design and develop electrical systems and/or components involving hardware, PCB and software design to high specifications of economy, safety and reliability.
- Apply electrical engineering knowledge to the design and development of new products as well as product changes and enhancements.
- Solve electrical engineering problems at the component through system level.
- Conduct testing utilizing existing test protocols or develop new ones as needed.
- Generate written protocols and reports.
- Complete projects (including product enhancements) in a manner consistent with corporate objectives.
- Contribute to the intellectual property position of the company via invention and patent applications.
- Maintain accurate documentation of concepts, designs, drawings, and processes.
- Provide electrical engineering and technical support of products introduced into both the domestic and international markets.
- Oversee outside vendors and consultants as required.
- Provide electrical engineering support in the resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
- Work with other engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, and quality assurance staff to coordinate pilot production of new products.
- Performs other duties as may be required by supervisor.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive technologies related to company products.
- Support company goals and objectives, policies and procedures, RAMS and Quality System Regulations, and UL regulations.
- Conduct physical inventory of the entire plant bi-annually.
- Minimum of a bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related studies.
- 4 to 10 years of related experience and/or training.
- Requires 5+ years of work experience in electrical engineering in motion control or automation.
- Strong decision-making requiring detail analysis and investigation with solutions requiring original thinking
- Ability to see the big picture and technical knowledge along with the ability to project manage, multi-task and work well within a team.
- Demeanor and bearing that will garner the respect of peers and subordinates.
- Operate as a member of cross-functional teams involved at every stage of design and development in collaboration with colleagues in other engineering functions as well as production, research, marketing and after-sales service.
- C++ and Assembler Programming capability preferred
- Ability to use personal computer, ten key calculator, copy machine, fax, telephone, presentation systems and printers.
- Must possess computer proficiency in MS Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook), CAD programs, Oscilloscopes, Emulators, and other manual tools
- Must perform well under stress and have the ability to multitask.
- Ability to work long hours.
- Ability to walk, stand and sit for long periods of time.
- Highly focused, intense visual requirements, ability to read and write.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
Overhead Door Corporation is proud to be an Equal Employment, Affirmative Action Employer of talented people who make things happen – a powerful and diverse team that includes women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.