Road Project Manager-LPA
at American Structurepoint
Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by Local Organization
Location: Austin, Texas
Job ID 2018-1261
Job Locations US-TX-Austin
Category/Group Road Group
Employment Type Regular Full-Time
American Structurepoint is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We are looking for a Project Manager to manage and take primary control of LPA projects. Responsibilities include managing, controlling, and monitoring all aspects of the project; technical leadership; quality assurance; and client coordination.
- Plan, direct, and coordinate all activities of the project to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed funding and schedule parameters
- Prepare proposals, fee justifications, and contracts for each project in conjunction with the Team Leader, Group Leader, and Principal-in-Charge
- Establish a project work plan for each project which includes essential elements of the project with major milestones and potential roadblocks, the project schedule, and the financial plan that includes the project budget, a man-hour utilization forecast, and a billing forecast
- Monitor and control the project financial plan, review project cost sheets, and prepare monthly invoices for each project
- Prepare monthly cost/profit analysis and billing projections for each project
- Coordinate with the Team Leader and other project managers for allocation of personnel to staff each project
- Coordinate each project with local public agencies and municipalities, permitting agencies, utility companies, and land acquisition professionals as necessary to drive the project schedule.
- Coordinate each project with other department's schedules through the Team Leader and Group Leader. Ensure productivity and cooperation among the project team.
- Coordinate each project with subconsultant's work schedules
- Aggressively seek additional compensation for work outside the original scope of each project. Prepare contract amendments as necessary.
- Serve as representative of firm at all required project meetings, presentations, and public hearings, and prepare documentation of items discussed
- Perform an in depth review of all the essential elements of each project and update the project work plan near the completion of each major milestone
- Maintain design book and correspondence file for each project
- Monitor electronic file and plan organization and archiving
- Direct and coordinate activities of design engineers and technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
- Mentor and provide direct hands-on assistance when teaching new design elements, oral and writing skills to design engineers and technicians
- Identify project roadblocks and obtain assistance in resolving them
- Stay current with design manuals and project development procedures
- Attend seminars and continuing education to enhance skills in relevant disciplines
- Supervise the work of all project personnel to ensure that each project meets the highest professional standards, follows the established quality assurance plan, and maintains the established budget and schedule
- Review the final design drawings and computations prepared by design engineers and technicians for completeness and accuracy prior to every submittal
- Review work that is performed by other departments and/or subconsultants to insure satisfactory performance
- Respond to construction-related problems as quickly as possible
- Maintain positive relationships with clients to resolve all project questions such as project scope, design exceptions, project development process, schedule, extra work, and billings
- Be responsive to all client requests
- Look for new opportunities with existing clients
- Provide support for business development sales force
- Successful completion of projects
- Quality scores of projects
- Profitability of projects
- Level of client relationships maintained
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.