Posted in Other 11 days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Established in 1891, The L.E. Myers Co. is recognized as a premier electrical contractor of large utility construction projects across the nation. Why should you apply to be an Project Manager for The L.E. Myers Co.? Our highly competitive benefits package is a great start! Our Project Managers have excellent benefits including: medical, dental & vision insurance, paid vacation & holidays, company paid life insurance, a 401K and more! If you were to ask our employees across the country why they like working for The L.E. Myers Co, chances are they would say, whether you are a seasoned industry veteran or just starting out in your career, there's a place for you at The L.E. Myers Co. This diversity at all levels of our organization is the formula that builds stronger teams.
What are you waiting for, build yourself with us!
Project Manager to manage transmission and substation projects. The project will be based at our district office and will cover projects within the assigned project areas. Extensive travel is required.
* Preparation of project construction schedules
* Submission of request for information to clients
* Acting as main point of contact for projects and facilitating conference calls
* Coordinating meetings, scheduling updates, submitting deliverables, and addressing outstanding 'open items' as requested by clients
* Preparation of look-ahead documents and weekly/monthly progress reports
* Reviewing and monitoring job costs versus budgets
* Reporting to management team
* Other duties as assigned
* Keeping emphasis on the client, develop an understanding of the client's culture, key people and processes
* Provide guidance and direction for estimators during the estimation process
* Interfaces with various staff to include field personnel
* Understand and comply with the Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other industry-specific professional and ethical conduct standards, if applicable
* Minimum 5 years of experience as a Project Manager, Estimator or Project Engineer in the utilities or construction industry preferred, new Graduates are encouraged to apply!
* Must have prior experience working in electric energy transmission, distribution, and/or sub transmission
* Ability to prepare construction schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera
* Prior knowledge and/or ability to learn and understand the estimating process regarding labor hours and equipment
* Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field is required, or equivalent in experience
* Proficiency with MS Excel and Word is required
* Strong verbal, written, analytical, organizational, and interpersonal skills
* Strong customer service skills required
Apply at: www.myrgroup.com. If you require an accommodation to complete the online application, please call our Employment Hotline at 1-855-635-1321.
MYR Group Inc. and its subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity Employers. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.