Posted in Retail 9 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Springfield, Missouri
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
Mars has net sales of more than $33 billion, operates six business segments including Petcare, Chocolate, Wrigley, Food, Drinks, Symbioscience, and more than 75,000 Associates worldwide that are putting its Principles into action to make a difference for people and the planet through its performance.
Mars brands include: Petcare – PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, BANFIELD® Pet Hospital, CESAR®, SHEBA®, DREAMIES® and NUTRO®; Chocolate – M&M’S®, SNICKERS®, DOVE®, GALAXY®, MARS®, MILKY WAY® and TWIX®; Wrigley – DOUBLEMINT®, EXTRA®, ORBIT® and 5™ chewing gums, SKITTLES® and STARBURST® candies, and ALTOIDS® AND LIFESAVERS® mints. Food – UNCLE BEN’S®, DOLMIO®, EBLY®, MASTERFOODS®, SEEDS OF CHANGE® and ROYCO®; Drinks – ALTERRA COFFEE ROASTERS™, THE BRIGHT TEA COMPANY™, KLIX® and FLAVIA®; Symbioscience – COCOAVIA® and WISDOM PANEL®.
The Territory Sales Manager (TSM) role is an entry point into our Mars Retail Service organization. The position is responsible for achieving sales objectives assigned by Wrigley and Mars Chocolate North America within one of the following channels: Walmart, Convenience-Store (independent, corporate, and HQ accounts), and Grocery in a defined geographic territory. TSMs determine how to meet those sales objectives by assessing the opportunities in their territories and stores. TSM’s execute company strategies and priorities at the retail level in order to drive channel and customer GSV. This position is field based and reports directly to a Regional Market Manager.
TSMs are the public face of Mars Wrigley Confectionery to the most important decision-makers regarding the purchase of Mars Wrigley Confectionery products, typically store managers. TSMs implement Mars Wrigley Confectionery sales and marketing strategies by influencing decision-makers.
The position requires a high degree of integrity with the ability to work efficiently and effectively in an independent fashion without direct supervision. Individual territory performance is highly visible to the organization and key performance indicators (KPI’s) are measured and reported on a daily basis to enable the Company to evaluate TSM performance. Associates are evaluated and compensated for their performance against these KPI’s. Strong interpersonal skills, planning and organizational skills, time management and a drive for results are critical to success in this position. TSMs are responsible for setting their own schedules and work in a variety of retail settings and conditions. This position may require occasional overnight travel.
• Sell in company’s strategy to Key Decision Makers using fact based tools and technology. These include priority, new item and incremental distribution, recommended shelving objectives and planograms, and incremental displays both permanent and temporary. Decide, customize, and implement advanced selling tools and fact based selling strategies to achieve orders and sustainable results resulting in increased share and gross sales for the company and the customer.
• Sell in distribution, shelving (where applicable) and displays in all channels. Where applicable, sell in contracts which will support delivery of the distribution, shelving and merchandising objectives. Enforce compliance throughout the year by providing business updates to the store decision makers. Execute trade and/or product payment commitment (where applicable).
• Measure and evaluate specific territory business (KPI’s, trends, gaps/opportunities, what’s working/not working). Provide solutions where gaps exist and execute these solutions accordingly. Own and lead this territory story with management team.
• Partner with 3rd party providers, where applicable, to execute merchandising required after the sales initiatives are sold in (i.e. displays, seasonal, shelving initiatives, distribution/on shelf availability).
• Prepare materials for all in-store and HQ sales presentations. Utilize advanced sales tools to develop fact based presentations (i.e. syndicated data, retail link) that will result in KPI achievement and sustainable share and sales growth.
• Participate in team conference calls, training and attend all sales meetings.
• Responsible for storage facility and managing product rotation, inventory allocation, supplies, etc., in an efficient and effective way.
• A Bachelor's degree, or HS Diploma and equivalent work experience
• Ability to lift 40lbs
• Able to sit, stand and/or drive for long periods of time, as well as frequently bend, kneel and stoop
• Ability to walk for a minimum of 6 ½ hours per day
• Demonstrate ability to work remotely
• Subject to outside weather conditions and changing climates
• A Bachelor's degree and significant experience in field sales and territory management
• 2+ years with at least one year of selling experience
• Prior Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) and/or retail sales experience
• Prior selling experience in the convenience, grocery or Walmart channels.
•The ability to use and understand a Windows based device and the programs required (i.e Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Interpersonal skills including ability to influence and negotiate
• Ability to analyze and present data using communication techniques that demonstrate expertise on company products and market conditions
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.