Demand Manager at Aptiv
Posted in Architecture 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Brookhaven, Mississippi
Moving mobility forward
We are Aptiv - a new technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. Operating as Delphi, we pioneered advances in the industry. Now, as Aptiv, we're more dedicated than ever to bringing the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life.
Join our innovative team
Want to do more than just imagine the ways our world will move tomorrow? Here's your opportunity. Join the technology company that's transforming the future of mobility today.
Aptiv is an advanced technology company with a proven history of enabling mobility. We're dedicated to bringing
the next generation of autonomous vehicles, smart cities and connectivity to life. Aptiv.com
About Electronics and Safety
Electronics and Safety provides critical components, systems and advanced software for passenger safety, security, comfort and infotainment, as well as vehicle operation, including body controls, and connectivity systems, passive and active safety electronics, and displays. We enable Delphi to be a world leader in Advanced Driver Assistance programs and automated driving. Divisional HQ: Wuppertal, Germany
About this position
We are currently looking for a Demand Manager to work in our Brookhaven, Mississippi manufacturing facility. The Demand Manager will ensure that the impacts of new potential businesses are incorporated into the current demand plan for the company.
Responsibilities and duties
- Prepare long term forecast (18-24 month horizon)
- Sales projection for the site considering OEM market developments, market information, sales and customer inputs and any other source serving with relevant information
- Prepare and analyze annual Budget and Revision sales projections;
- Regular reports to management (including Corporate) about the forecast development; sales projection and capacity planning
- Drive capacity planning activities
- Participate in Divisional Demand Review
- Filter irregular and unrealistic demand
- Highlight potential GAP's: demand exceeds capacity, demand is not covering capacity, propose GAP closing actions
- Owner of Forecast Accuracy
- Keep regular contact with Sales & Marketing organization; Customer Service, Planning, Procurement, Program and Project management and Capacity Planning
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 5+ years' experience in Production Planning, Logistics, Operations in relationship to Capacity/Demand Management
- 2+ years of experience in the automotive industry
Nice to haves (preferred qualifications)
- Knowledge about IT tools SAP and QAD
- Knowledge about Supply Chain Processes
- Capability to use MS Office Software
- Fluent in English (speak, read and write)
- Excellent Communication skills
- Good Leadership skills
- Creativity and Persistence in problem solving
- Strong Personality
- Good negotiation skills
Traits we seek
- Curiously investigate everything - ability to solving problems analytically, creatively and collaboratively
- Lead with confidence - thought leaders who empower those around them
- Learn by doing - an entrepreneurial mindset that's driven by hands-on experimentation
- Embrace resilience - seeing every challenge as a learning opportunity and invitation to grow
Aptiv rewards and advantages
Aptiv is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
Apply Online Ready to take the first step?