Posted in Finance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Harleysville, Pennsylvania
Job ID: 11059
Ametek is a performance driven company. The key to success of the BU Controller of Power & Data Systems is to effectively partner with the Business Unit VP and staff to ensure orders, revenue, profit and working capital goals are consistently met. In support of this goal, this individual must be a strong finance leader who can effectively perform financial planning and analysis, assist in cost accounting functions as required and ensure all necessary financial controls are in place and followed. Key elements include a hands-on approach, leadership and overall business acumen. Experience in a manufacturing finance environment with a working knowledge of cost accounting is required. Prior experience in a public entity with a P & L of preferably $80M+ is desirable.
AMETEK, Inc. (www.ametek.com) is a leading global manufacturer of electronic instruments and electromechanical devices with annualized sales of more than $4.0 billion. The Company has approximately 14,000 employees at over 100 plants and 100 sales and service operations in the United States and more than 30 other countries. The company is a New York Stock Exchange company (symbol: AME) and has been listed since 1930.
Part of AMETEK’s Measurement & Power Systems Division, the Power & Data Systems business unit designs, manufactures and provides aftermarket services for starter generators, generator control units, motors, actuators, solid state power distribution systems & components, data acquisition and indicators for the commercial / military aerospace and ground vehicle markets. We currently have facilities in four locations: Wichita, Kansas; Harleysville, Pennsylvania; Binghamton, New York; and Bangalore, India.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Partner with Business Unit Manager and his/her staff to deliver results.
• Directs preparation of annual budget. Assists in the preparation of the Strategic Plan and leads the month end close and forecast process. Owns the books.
• Proactively evaluates the results of operations, identifies trends/risks/opportunities and recommends actions to ensure the business unit achieves its commitments.
• Completes financial analysis, Discounted Cash Flow, ROI, Make/Buy, Gross Margin and Pricing Proposals for new business opportunities and capital investments.
• Supervises general accounting, cost accounting, AR/AP and government compliance.
• Responsible for the integrity of the General Ledger.
• Evaluates results of operations, trends, etc. and recommends courses of action and policy changes beneficial to the operation.
• Provides technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the function and the broader business unit.
• Maintains effective internal controls to ensure protection of assets and an accurate reporting of financial position. Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures.
• Assists in preparation of government contract proposals and submission of cost and pricing data.
• Aggressively drives improvements in Working Capital.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of GAAP and Cost Accounting.
• Ensures revenue recognition compliance.
• Monitors accounting policy and procedures ensuring a sound internal control environment in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 and compliance with GAAP.
• Supervise preparation of all Pricing and Pricing Policy on bids of over $250,000
Direct reports: 3-4 general accounting/cost accounting/AR/AP staff. The BU Controller also provides on-site management of 2 IT (IT staff also receive desktop support and infrastructure guidance/direction from Corporate IT).
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and/or Finance required
• CPA preferred
• MBA preferred
• 2-3 years at a public accounting firm
• 3-5 years in manufacturing/MRO environment
• Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing/TPS experience a plus.
• Strong background in GAAP, SEC Reporting and Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance as well as Manufacturing Finance. Government contract accounting, familiarity with Federal Acquisitions Regulation (FAR) and Cost Accounting Standards (CAS) highly desirable.
• Proven team player who has demonstrated capabilities in the following areas: excellent communication, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills, well developed problem-solving skills; solid organizational skills; and the demonstrated ability to be self-directed and effectively relate to all levels of an organization.
• Looking for a hands-on individual with the ability to see the big picture.
• Proven business partnership skills with the demonstrated ability to work in a matrix organizational environment.
• Ability to work well under pressure, multi task and meet deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to manage staff, set goals and objectives to meet Business Unit goals as well as the proven ability to select talent and develop subordinates.
• The right person will be ambitious and flexible who wants to learn and grow professionally
• Computer skills to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Hyperion Enterprise and Oracle experience a plus.
• Looking for an individual who wants to grow with a successful company and whom is willing to relocate in the future
• Travel: 15% (primarily Domestic)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against
any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex,
age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity,
status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal,
state or local protected class.