Certified Asbestos Building Inspector (CABI) / Environmental Compliance Inspector at Kleinfelder
Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: Denver, Colorado
Kleinfelder has been connecting great people to the best work since 1961. We are engineers, scientists, and construction professionals providing solutions that improve our clients transportation, water, energy, and other private infrastructure. As a responsive, cross-disciplinary team of bright, curious, and innovative problem-solvers, we are dedicated to doing the right thing, every day, on every project from over 60 offices in the US, Canada and Australia.
Built on a foundation of excellence, Kleinfelder is committed to client-focused solutions. Through our depth of experience and thorough understanding of environmental, regulatory, economic, and civic conditions, we identify and address challenges with innovation and common-sense. Kleinfelder s integrated, award-winning experts collaborate with clients to meet their objectives - from project inception through design and execution. Connecting great people to the best work is our purpose together, we deliver.
Kleinfelder is seeking an Environmental Compliance Inspector (ECI) with 2 to 4 years of experience to join our Environmental Compliance Team. The ECI will be tasked with ensuring compliance with federal, state, and local environmental regulations during a very expansive and fast-paced construction project that will include asbestos, contaminated groundwater, and potential hazardous waste.
The position is based in the Denver Metro Area, Colorado, and consists of full-time work with a term of three years. Working at night, on the weekend, or during holidays may be required. Work beyond eight hours per day and beyond 40 hours per week is typically required.
Any person applying for this position must have a current AMS and CABI certification with 2 years of experience.
The ECI s responsibilities may include routine construction site inspections for:
* Wetlands / waterbodies
* migratory birds,
* stormwater / erosion controls,
* cultural resources,
* hazardous materials, and
* contaminated media
To verify conformance with construction plans, specifications, and associated environmental commitments. The inspections will require the use of a photoionization detector (PID) or other direct read instruments, soil/groundwater sampling equipment, GPS unit, and biological field measurement tools.
General responsibilities include:
* following proper procedures and protocols;
* performing accurate computations;
* maintaining professional relationships with coworkers, clients, contractors, etc.;
* preparing daily inspection reports, checklists and test reports;
* preparing non-compliance notices and correction records requiring consultation with supervisor or project manager; and
* operating with moderate supervision.
Inspectors may be called upon to perform various tasks at the discretion of the supervisor.
The Environmental Compliance Team will be responsible for keeping up with a highly demanding schedule, which will require the ECI to be multi-disciplined and able to quickly find solutions for complex problems. The ECI will work with other Quality Assurance construction inspectors in a team effort to ensure project compliance. Teamwork, effective communication, and an ability to quickly understand the complex nature of the regulation aspects of this project are a must for all applicants.
* Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science or related field or equivalent experience
* Minimum of 2 years of experience as an Environmental Compliance Inspector with AMS and CABI certifications
* Experience with the following environmental disciplines
* Contaminated soils/groundwater characterization and remediation
* Hazardous waste disposal
* Wetland/waterbody/riparian delineations
* Proficient in operating direct read instruments (e.g., PID, LEL, XRF, Turbidity, pH, etc.)
* Competent in operating GPS equipment and GIS software
* Experience in reading and understanding permit requirements and performing associated fieldwork
* Preferred certifications:
* 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER
* CDOT Erosion Control Supervisor
* Will be required to maintain required current certifications. Additional certification training available.
* Ability to travel throughout downtown Denver and work in the field with extreme conditions including heat, cold, and heavy train traffic.
* Ability to work around heavy construction equipment.
* Above average proactive communication skills, knowledge of construction practices, willingness to learn, and an overall passion for continual improvement.
* Knowledge and use of MS Office is required, including Word, Excel, and Microsoft Project
* Valid driver s license, a clean driving record, and ability to pass drug test required
* Must pass background checks with Union Pacific Railroad (UPRR), Burlington-Northern and Santa Fe (BNSF) railroad, and Denver International Airport (DIA).
* Must adhere to and promote a strong Environmental Health & Safety culture.
Kleinfelder offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Kleinfelder is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Disabled/Veterans (Compliant with the new VEVRAA and Section 503 rules)