Flight Test Pilot at Garmin AT
Posted in Aviation/Aerospace 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Salem, Oregon
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Garmin AT, located in Salem, OR, is seeking a Flight Test Pilot to flight test and certify avionics systems installations in FAR (Federal Aviation Regulations) 23, 25, 27 and 29 aircraft. Define and execute ground and flight tests necessary to develop and certify Garmin avionics systems. Assist in the development of design and certification documentation in support of the development and certification of avionics systems. Coordinate with other Garmin Aircraft Certification staff and FAA Aircraft Certification Office to assure system certification.
Other key responsibilities include:
- Act as pilot in command of aircraft for the purpose of conducting development and certification flight test of Garmin avionics
- Create development and certification bench, ground and flight test plans
- Execute bench, ground and flight tests
- Maintain records of flight test activities and provide timely communications of flight test results
- Create test reports and other compliance data
- Identify, monitor, and bring to satisfactory resolution issues identified during testing
- Create and review system level requirements documents
- Contribute to avionics installation designs including system configuration and layout
- Create and review aircraft certification documentation including certification plans, data, and reports
- Analyze regulatory and safety aspects of new avionics systems including installation and operation
- Assist in the development of Fault Hazard Analysis and System Safety Analysis documentation in support of aircraft certification projects
- Define applicable regulations and provide guidance related to cockpit human factors and all other aspects of avionics performance and operation
- Assist in the preparation and verification of new avionics installation documentation, operations manuals, training material, and other certification documents
- Act as certification lead or project manager for assigned projects Communicate and facilitate with FAA/ACO (Federal Aviation Administration / Aircraft Certification Office) and FAA/MIDO (Federal Aviation Administration / Manufacturing Inspection District Office) and proactively seek resolution of issues
Qualified candidates possess a Bachelor of Science in Electrical, Mechanical, or Aerospace Engineering or Science from a four-year college or university, or equivalent education/experience with a minimum 3.0 GPA as a general rule and ATP rating with 2500 hours minimum flight time with previous avionics flight test experience is required. Qualified candidates will also demonstrate proficiency in avionics flight test, design and certification.
Demonstrated knowledge of FAA regulations and the STC (Supplemental Type Certificate) process applicable to avionics operation and certification and thorough understanding of commercial avionics installation and operation with strong organizational skills and strong written and verbal communications skills
Highly desirable qualifications include excellent academics with GPA great than or equal to 3.5, flight test school training and FAA Systems and Equipment DER and/or Flight Test Pilot authorization.
Our benefits, designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life, keep us competitive and allow our associates to make their own decisions about their well-being and future. We offer a choice of healthcare plans—with low or no premiums—which consistently rank in the 90th percentile when compared to other high-tech employers, plus dental and vision plans for you and your family. In addition, our financial benefits rate 82% above the median for technology companies comparable in size. Our 401K retirement plan provides 5% of pay base contribution plus a match of 75 cents for every dollar you contribute to a maximum of 10% of your compensation. The employee stock purchase plan allows for shares to be bought at a 15% discount.