Posted in Compliance 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by America's Job Exchange
Type: Full Time
Location: New York, New York
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm s culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm s enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm s second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm s compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, serviles and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm s responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
The Firmwide Core Compliance Team is responsible for the Volcker Compliance, supervisory compliance, policy governance and related management reporting frameworks. The Volcker Compliance Program and Supervisory Certifications Management pillars focus on enterprise wide compliance risk management pertaining to BHC Act regulations and programs such as, the Volcker Rule Compliance Program ( VCP ), governance processes associated with the Volcker-related system of internal controls, and firmwide supervisory compliance and related certifications, Compliance issue management and tracking, and management reporting, including to senior management, committees and the Board of Directors.
The Policy Governance pillar provides governance and standards for firm and divisional policies and procedures. The management reporting pillar provides periodic reporting on various compliance metrics to senior management. Reporting to the manager of the Firmwide Core Compliance Team, this role requires execution of certain governance processes established to oversee the firm s system of internal controls required by the VCP. The role will also include maintenance of the firm s Supervisory Certifications program (including CEO attestation processes), inclusive of Volcker, FINRA and other regulations, and will include production of various reporting to senior management.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
* Help oversee the governance framework over the development, periodic review and change management of both the Volcker and Supervisory quarterly sub-attestations and inventory of internal controls related to the VCP
* Assist in the development of meeting material to be used during the Supervisory Certification meetings in support of Volcker, FINRA and other regulatory certification requirements
* Assist in the development and ongoing maintenance of the technology platforms that support the Supervisory Certification and related processes
* Participate in compliance-led projects and represent team on firmwide and cross regional projects and working groups
* Execute various reporting for senior management
* Liaise with Compliance, Technology, Legal and other Federation areas
* Deal with ad hoc requests and initiatives
* Bachelor's degree required
* Related coursework and/or work experience preferred
* Ability to learn quickly and work through complex issues
* Understanding of Compliance related internal controls design, implementation and testing
* Detail-oriented and able to produce quality work product, even when working under tight time frames
* Exceptional judgment skills ability to identify and effectively escalate potential issues
* Attention to detail and strong follow-up skills
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Strong analytical skills and problem-solving
* Exceptional interpersonal skills engaging, communicative, assertive, persuasive, courteous and the ability to work with people across all levels of seniority
* Ability to work independently, but still be a strong team player
* Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and excel under pressure
* Integrity, motivation and intellectual curiosity
* Ability and willingness to be hands on regarding new technology
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.