Posted in Art 16 days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Rosemont, Illinois
The System Analyst is a lead role that is responsible for aligning the business processes and IT department. This includes analyzing existing processes, identifying processes for improvement, suggesting solutions integrate new or updated processes and provides leadership on future use of technologies and business process improvements.
• Enhances the alignment between business processes and information technology.
• Responsible for actively resolving day-to-day technology needs of the business unit with a focus on the analysis of processes-dissecting problems and suggesting solutions.
o Includes complex systems process analysis, design and simulation.
o Understands technical problems and solutions in relation to the current, as well as the future business environment.
• Suggests plans to integrate new and existing processes.
• Provides input and supports planning and prioritization for business process engineering related activities
• Develops the business unit process engineering plan and integrates plan with corporate plan.
• Participates in continuous review and update to ensure that processes meet changing business unit conditions.
• Identifies processes for improvement
o Documents existing processes
o Identifies and analyzes gaps between current processes and the desired stated
o Designs new processes
o Develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process.
• Provides counsel and leadership on future use of technology and business process improvements.
• Integrity/Ethics - deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys good news and bad.
• Perseverance - targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets team standards and responsibilities, provides leadership/motivation.
• Adaptability/Flexibility - Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Teamwork - Meets all team deadlines and responsibilities, listens to others and values opinions, helps team leader to meet goals, welcomes newcomers and promotes a team atmosphere.
• Initiative - Tackles problems and takes independent action, seeks out new responsibilities, acts on opportunities, generates new ideas, practices self-development.
• Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
• Communication - communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
• Personal Organization- keeps information organized and accessible, maintains clean/functional work space, works systematically, efficiently, and manages time well.
• Composure- is cool under pressure; does not become defensive or irritated when times are tough; is considered mature; can be counted on to hold things together during tough times; can handles stress; is not knocked off balance by the unexpected; doesn’t show frustration when resisted or blocked; is a settling influence in a crisis.
• Project Management – establishes project goals, milestones and procedures, defines roles and responsibilities, acquires project resources, coordinates projects throughout the company, monitors project progress, and manages multiple projects.
• Dependability - Can be counted on to meet deadlines; a solid performer who consistently delivers; works independently; stays focused under pressure; meets attendance/punctuality requirements.
• Decision Making/Judgment- recognizes problems and responds, systematically gathers information, sorts through complex issues, seeks input from others, addresses root cause of issues, makes timely decisions, can make difficult decisions, uses consensus when possible, communicates decisions to others.
• Sense of Urgency - prioritizes well, shows energy, reacts to opportunities, instills urgency in others, and meets deadlines.
• Productivity- manages a fair workload, volunteers for additional work, prioritizes tasks, develops good work procedures, manages time well, and handles information flow.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related field.
• Typically has 10+ years of IT experience, 4 years of experience in process engineering, and 2 years of experience in project management.
• Must demonstrate expertise in strategic planning, tactical execution, project management, process management and business systems requirements definition.
• After hours and on-call work is required, particularly where IT is in continual 24-hour operation.