ELSUR Operations Technician, GS 6/7 (EXTERNAL) (San Francisco)
at Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
Posted in Other 19 days ago.
Location: San Francisco, California
Open to ALL
U.S. Citizens Opening Date:
February 1, 2018 Closing Date:
February 15, 2018 11:59 pm (EST)
Questions regarding this opening should be directed to HR Specialist Michelle Mallon
ELSUR Operations Technician, GS 6/7Division:
San Francisco Field OfficeLocation:
San Francisco, CAWorking Hours:
8:15am - 5:00pm (may be subject to change)Salary:
GS 6: $44,937.00 - $58,413.00
GS 7: $49,937.00 - $64,917.00Full Performance level:
GS 9Number of Positions Available:
Full Time/PermanentAdditional selections may be made from this announcement to fill positions within the same division when the position includes substantially the same duties, responsibilities, and qualifications.Key Requirements
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- Must be able to obtain a Top Secret-SCI clearance
The mission of the FBI is to protect the American People and uphold the Constitution of the United States.Major Duties
Qualifications and Evaluations
- Provides advice and assistance regarding legal requirements, processing, documentation, evidence control, record keeping, and reporting of program operations
- Obtains and processes a variety of paperwork associated with the electronic surveillance (ELSUR) program
- Maintains ELSUR physical evidence and ensures chain of custody is preserved
- Organizes and maintains records and control systems (to include automated systems) for tracking, monitoring, and reporting on ELSUR activity
- Transfers daa from ELSUR devices to portable media
- Maintains close working relationships with agents, support personnel, representatives from other agencies, and U.S. Attorneys
- Researches, analyzes, and identifies problem indicators and makes recommendations regarding improvement of the ELSUR program
Please make sure your specialized experience/requirement(s) can be identified in your resume. Applicants must meet the qualification requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Your application will be evaluated and rated under the FBI's Candidate Rating Procedures. Your resume and supporting documentation will be used to determine whether you meet the job qualifications listed in this announcement and will be compared to your responses to the online assessment questionnaire. High self-assessment in the vacancy questions that is not supported by information in your resume, and/or supporting documents may eliminate you from Most Competitive status.
Your application will then be placed in one of three categories: Most Competitive, Competitive, or Least Competitive. Names of candidates in the Most Competitive category will be sent to the hiring official for employment consideration. Veterans' preference will be applied.All applicants will be rated on the following Competencies:
Specialized Experience GS 6:
- Organizing and Planning
- Administrative/Organizational Policies and Procedures
- Information Management
- Technology Application
Applicant must possess at least one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 5 grade level.
Specialized experience is:
- Performed clerical, administrative, or technical work that indicates the ability to acquire the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities needed for said position
- Established and maintained effective working relationships
applicants must possess one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to the GS 6 level.
Specialized experience is:
- Maintained evidence while adhering to chain-of-custody procedures
- Processed forms, paperwork, and authorizations in accordance with regulations/policy
- Utilized automated systems to track, report, and monitor information
- Provided assistance with equipment and resolution of technical problems
- Provided advice on policies and procedures to internal and external contacts while maintaining effective working relationships
Education may not be substituted for specialized experience.How to Apply
The following instructions outline our application process:
Step 1: Click the "Start" button to begin an application. You will be prompted to either Sign In to continue the application or to register with FBIJOBS if you don't already have an account.
Step 2: Follow the Step by Step process to submit an application. You will be guided through each step in the process. You are required to complete all sections of the application to successfully submit your application.Required Documents
To apply to this position, interested applicants must provide a complete application package by the closing date which includes:
- Your resume, specifically noting relevant work experience and associated start and end dates
- A complete assessment questionnaire
- Other supporting documents ( if applicable ):
How to Attach DocumentsTo attach documentation as part of your application, please follow the instructions below:
- College transcripts, if qualifying based on education or if there is a positive education requirement
- Notification of Personnel Action, SF-50
- Most recent Performance Appraisal; not applicable to current FBI employees
- Veterans: DD 214; Disabled Veterans: DD 214, SF-15, and VA letter dated 1991 or later
Step 1: Follow the steps of the application process until you reach the Attachments step
Step 2: Click "Add Attachment"
Step 3: Select the appropriate Attachment Type (or "Other" if one is not available)
Step 4: Populate the "Attachment Purpose" field. Click "Continue"
Step 5: Choose the device on which the attachment is located
Step 6: Upload the desired attachment
Step 7: To add additional attachments at this point in the application process click the "+" on the Attachments stepTo attach documentation to your Global Profile please follow the instructions below:
Step 1: Log into your FBI Jobs account, and click "My Submissions"
Step 2: Click the "Add Attachment" located under the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section
Step 3: Follow steps 3 - 6 aboveYou must complete this application process and submit any required documents by 11:59 p.m. (EST) on the closing date of this announcement. If applying online is a hardship, please contact the HR Specialist listed in the vacancy announcement prior to the closing date for assistance.What to Expect Next
Once your complete application is received we will conduct an evaluation of your qualifications and determine your ranking. The Most Competitive candidates will be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interview. You will be notified of your status throughout the process.Additional Information
- The FBI is in the Executive Branch of the federal government. It is one of the components of the Department of Justice (DOJ). The FBI is the principle investigative arm of the DOJ. All FBI positions are in the excepted service.
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens and consent to a complete background investigation, urinalysis, and polygraph. You must be suitable for Federal employment; as determined by a background investigation.
- Failure to provide necessary and relevant information required by this vacancy announcement may disqualify you from consideration. Additional information will not be requested if your application is incomplete. You application will be evaluated solely on the basis of information you have submitted.
- Management may select any grade for which this position has been announced.
- Identification of promotion potential in this announcement does not constitute a commitment or an obligation on the part of management to promote the employee selected at some future date. Promotion will depend upon administrative approval and the continuing need for an actual assignment and performance of higher-level duties.
- If you are hired, you will be required to serve a two-year probationary period. Probationary employees are generally precluded from being considered for all job opportunities until their 24-months of their probationary period has concluded. Probationary Employees may be considered for competitive vacancies that are advertised within their respective division or field office after serving 90 days within the FBI.
Memorandum of Understanding: Work performed outside assigned duties (that would not normally be documented on an SF-50, i. e., back-up duties), has to be documented in detail by an immediate supervisor in order to receive full credit for amount of time worked in that position. If no documentation is furnished no credit will be given for time worked in that position. The following notations must be specified in the documentation (Memorandum of Understanding):
a. Percent of time worked in the particular position (cannot conflict with main duties)
b. The month/year work began
c. Frequency worked (i.e., daily, monthly, etc.)
d. Specific duties performed
Attach the Memorandum of Understanding to your application in the "Cover Letters and Attachments" section of My Career Tools on the Careers Home page. Please upload the attachment as type "Other."Veterans' Preference
If you are entitled to veterans' preference, you should indicate the type of veterans' preference you are claiming on your resume and application. Your veterans' preference entitlement will be verified by the employing agency.Nepotism
Nepotism is the act of favoring relatives in the hiring process, and is prohibited by law. Public officials are prohibited from hiring or promoting relatives or relatives of officials in their chain of command, as well as actively or indirectly endorse a relative's appointment or promotion.
During the hiring process, all selected candidates and FBI hiring managers will be required to certify they are not related to anyone involved in the hiring process.Reasonable Accommodation Request
The FBI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process, please notify the Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Affairs (OEEOA) Reasonable Accommodation (RA) Program by either e-mail at REASONABLE_ACCOMMODATIONS@ic.fbi.gov , telephone at 202-324-2158, or FAX at 202-324-3976. Your request will receive an individualized assessment.
This e-mail address is only for reasonable accommodation requests. Please do not submit your application and/or any questions unrelated to reasonable accommodations. Should any applications be received, they will not be forwarded for consideration during the hiring process.Equal Employment Opportunity
The FBI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for this vacancy. Except where otherwise prohibited by law, selection will be made without regard to, and there will be no discrimination because of color, race, religion, national origin, political affiliation, marital status, parental status, physical or mental disability, genetic information, age, sex, sexual orientation, membership or non-membership in an employee organization, or on the basis of personal favoritism, or any other non-merit factors.Benefits
The FBI offers a comprehensive benefits package that includes, in part, paid vacation; sick leave; holidays; telework; life insurance; health benefits; and participation in the Federal Employees Retirement System.
This link provides an overview of the benefits currently offered to Federal employees: http://www.opm.gov/insure/new_employ/index.asp
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.