Onsite Account Manager at Intertek
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Hingham, Massachusetts
Intertek, a leading provider of ATIC (Assurance,Testing, Inspection and Certification) Services, is looking for an Onsite Account Manager to join our Softlines team in Hingham, MA.
The Softlines team performs testing on items ranging from fabric samples to finished products, including apparel, accessories, footwear, soft home furnishings, linens and outdoor products. These services help customers meet consumer demand, minimize reputational risk and reduce environmental impact, while protecting the interests of retailers, brands, manufacturers and consumers.
The Onsite Account Manager will support the Softlines business by ensuring laboratories are performing testing in accordance with Retailer specified test methods and test protocols, including turn time requirements and test reporting procedures.We're looking for someone with 3 years' work experience in quality assurance of textiles and apparel or testing lab experience
- Responsible for effective communication and follow through between Retailer, agents, direct vendors and Intertek. Provide testing guidance and field questions and inquiries.
- Keep current on all regulatory, safety,and quality performance requirements and communicate relevant information to Retailer.
- Monitor and work with Intertek offices worldwide to ensure Retailer's apparel and accessories testing needs and procedures are met.
- Continually monitor lab turn times for testing, proactively address any concerns.
- Compile monthly tracking reports -turnaround time, dollar volume etc., as agreed between Intertek and Retailer.
- Coordinate global correlation programs between Retailer and Intertek laboratories. Responsible for developing a CAP for issue resolution on correlation issues.
- Assist Retailer Quality Team in developing and updating specifications, requirements and procedures for new and existing products for testing. Assist Retailer on projects and assignments, such as test report trend analysis, failure ratio assessments etc.
- Assist Retailer on creating and presenting technical and safety presentations as needed.
- Attend Retailer product line reviews(as needed), and participate in product development meetings to identify potential issues and contribute technical recommendations as requested by Retailer.
- Review testing documentation and provide assessment of acceptability or make recommendation(s) for improvement. Provides technical assistance to resolve technical issues. Archive, file and maintain test documentation in accordance with Retailer policies.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering or technology (Textile Engineering/Technology is preferred) with a minimum of 3 years' work experience in quality assurance of textiles and apparel or testing lab experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. Excellent Excel, PowerPoint and email skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Sound technical knowledge on all aspects of textile product manufacturing, testing, color and wet processing, as well as sound knowledge on regulations affecting textiles, apparel and fashion accessories.
- Willing to travel, as needed.
A career with Intertek means joining a global network of professionals dedicated to bringing quality and safety to life. Our vision is to become the world's most trusted partner for Quality Assurance and we offer our employees the chance to make an impact with attractive growth opportunities in this industry on a global scale.
We offer a salary and benefit package competitively placed within the local market, including medical,dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and more.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veterans status oron the basis of disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Intertek is a drug-free workplace. As a condition of employment, all hires are required to pass a pre-employment drug test.