Insurance Collections Specialist
Posted in Health Care 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by CareerBuilder
Location: Aurora, Colorado
is one of the nation's leading specialty home infusion companies! Our focus is clinical excellence and improving the quality of our patients' lives. With approximately 2,500 employees able to service 46 states, BioScrip
has externally-qualified Centers of Excellence built around specific clinical conditions and therapies, as well as Ambulatory Infusion Centers around the country. Ours is a fast-paced dynamic work environment with room for new ideas and opportunities for career advancement. We offer a wide array of welfare benefits as well as Tuition Reimbursement, an Employee Referral Program, and a 401(k) Retirement Savings.
Due to our exceptional growth and success, we are recruiting for a Collections Specialist
to join our team! SUMMARY
This position performs reimbursement functions with focus on collections. Assigned responsibilities are to be completed in compliance with federal, state and payor guidelines as well as with Company policy and procedure ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily, with or without reasonable accommodation.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Addresses and collects revenue on outstanding claims and is persistent with aging accounts.
- Performs rebilling function of insurance payers within the collection process.
- Responds to changes in patients insurance (plan changes, ID numbers, etc.), updates electronic records, and informs appropriate reimbursement departments.
- Reviews all denied claims and communicates with insurance carriers to facilitate collection of unpaid balances.
- Submits appropriate documentation for adjustments to supervisor.
- Assists month-end closing as scheduled to assure timeliness.
- Works independently on projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Attends required in-services each year.
- Works collaboratively with other departments, including operations and managed care, to improve reimbursement process and results.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent is required; Minimum of three (3) years of medical collections experience is required; Infusion, home health or DME experience is preferred. Educational requirements may be waived in lieu of proven relevant experience. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of HCPCS coding.
- Knowledge of ICD 9 coding.
- Knowledge of NDC coding.
- Knowledge of electronic billing.
- Excellent calculation/math skills.
- Ability to understand insurance contracts for billing purposes.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with branch departments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in the principles, procedures and best practices related to this position.
- Proficient level of software proficiency in using PC software to support activities, especially Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work with confidential material and maintain confidentiality is required along with sensitivity to employees and customers needs and data.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Proficient analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret information appropriate to duties and responsibilities assigned. Ability to operate information systems, follow policy, complete required forms, and prepare reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from patients, and payors.
Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
BioScrip is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to age, color, race, ancestry, national origin, disability, genetic information, military status, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, childbirth, marital status, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, legally protected medical condition, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Background checks and drug screens are part of our hiring process. Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.