Safety Specialist at Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Posted in General Business 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Sunnyvale, California
Joining Intuitive Surgical means joining a team dedicated to using technology to benefit patients by improving surgical efficacy and decreasing surgical invasiveness, with patient safety as our highest priority.
Provides operational and administrative support for company safety programs and policies. Carries out basic inspections and tests of safety and workplace hazard monitoring equipment and systems; records and escalates anomalies, hazards and issues for resolution. Assists in Emergency Response Team (ERT) and employee training; maintains safety records, manuals and documentation in accordance with established procedures. Supports ongoing safety surveys and investigations of incidents, accidents, and emergencies.
Roles And Responsibilities:
• Preforms ergonomic evaluations to identify risks and provide recommendations for resolution.
• Analyzes accident data, new processes, and machinery for potential safety concerns and conduct job hazard and Job Safety analyses.
• Establishes safety goals and objectives with the Safety Manager, Operations Manager and department managers;
• Develops the safety program to achieve established safety goals and objectives;
• Provides assistance to department managers and supervisors to meet the established goals and objectives;
• Assists department managers and supervisors in developing and promoting safety awareness and safety communication throughout Manufacturing Operations;
• Coordinates supervisory and employee safety training programs and record keeping;
• Ensures the Company is in compliance with OSHA regulations;
• Administers the safety shoes, safety glasses, first aid, and other safety related programs;
• Assists in providing information for monthly department safety crew meetings and online safety training;
• Coordinates with other locations to maintain consistency in safety programs;
• Communicates safety information;
• Coordinates safety audits, incident and accident investigations;
• Develops and updates all safety and emergency response procedures;
• Ability to communicate verbally and in written form;
• Knowledge of OSHA regulations and workers compensation law.
Preferred Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications: We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer #LI-ZL1
• Bachelor's degree or higher, preferably in Occupational Health and Safety, Ergonomics, Human Kinetics, Kinesiology, Human Factors, Industrial Engineering or a related field.
• Experience in Manufacturing
• 2+ years of experience in applying ergonomic principles and providing ergonomic analyses in a manufacturing or academic setting.
• Associate Degree in Occupational Safety and Health, Safety Engineering or related field or a combination of education and related experience.
We are an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disabled employer