Client Program Coordinator
at Valassis Communications, Inc.
Posted in Admin - Clerical 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Livonia, Michigan
Are you ready for the good life? Come experience an innovative, empowering, inclusive and dynamic environment at Valassis. We are a leader in intelligent media delivery, providing over 15,000 advertisers proven and innovative media solutions to influence consumers wherever they plan, shop, buy and share. We precisely target our clients' most valuable shoppers, offering unparalleled reach and scale. Join us in creating our future and building your career in this fast-paced and highly evolving industry!
Employees in our Media Delivery Team interact with all areas of the business, including: sales, marketing, targeting, analytics, logistics and manufacturing. They are experts in the Valassis products and services and have detailed knowledge of our constantly evolving offerings. The Media Delivery Team works directly with our clients to develop and present marketing solutions using products such as newspaper, direct mail, shared mail, social media and product sampling. They influence cross-functional teams to achieve “wins” every day for their clients.
Your Opportunity: Coordinate and develop order fulfillment, manage profitability and monitor execution of market promotions for designated clients. Adapt procedures, processes, tools and techniques to meet marketing promotional requirements of assigned client base as needed. Understand Client requirements related to area of expertise. Communicate and educate internally and externally on standard, pre-defined processes primarily. Represent Valassis to external clients and mediates between opposing program objectives/internal capabilities as required.
- Client Contact: Collects, validates, refines, and interprets Client Marketing Solutions requirements for entry into appropriate internal systems/forms and communication to internal/external stakeholders. Makes recommendations during marketing solution development and refinement stages. Educates the Client on Valassis requirements and may create program schedule or use standard schedule. Manages Client-provided materials against program schedule and gathers final Client approvals as required.
- Internal Contact: Translates Client’s needs and directs internal cross-functional departments on Client program expectations including timing. May need to influence internal cross-functional departments to deviate from standard expectations. Audits, applies and manages Client requirements against outputs from other internal/external stakeholders to ensure Client requirements are met.
- Issue Resolution: Investigates and resolves issues for job-related tasks, and owns the escalation of issues as appropriate until resolved. Effectively collaborates with Clients and internal partners to find a mutual solution, and communicates and positions information on challenging situations to the Client and/or Sales.
- Client Reporting: Responsible to close program internally by providing final assigned execution details (may include final distribution counts, distribution costs, production costs, final billing, additional charges incurred, credit processing, etc.). Compiles and maintains client specific reports.
- Product-Line Specific Functions: Performs additional product-line specific tasks as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Advertising with 1-2 years of relevant, job-related planning and coordination experience and/or training, OR equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess knowledge and exposure to fundamental marketing theories, principals, and concepts.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should be able to utilize internal, custom computer systems/tools and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite of tools, especially Outlook, Excel, and Word and Internet software.
- Able to multi-task and multi-manage.
- Extensive Client facing experience; ability to coordinate multiple Client contacts and Client types.
- Able to translate, understand and educate internal/external contacts on Valassis product details and requirements.
- Able to build and maintain relationships with a wide variety of personality types, and across different Clients and internal environments.
- Accomplished in making judgments and implementing complex procedures that require extended skill in order to ensure proper completion.
- Able to gain an in-depth understanding of the roles of various functional groups within the company.
- Requires extensive training and experience to perform a wide variety of interrelated procedural assignments and resolve a wide variety of issues.
- Able to communicate effectively to varied audiences, including strong positioning skills and positioning sensitive information with limited direction.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Harland Clarke Holdings, to include its affiliated and subsidiary companies (Harland Clarke, Valassis, Scantron, NCP Solutions, NCH Marketing Services, Clipper Magazine), is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Applicants who have disabilities may request that accommodations be made in order to complete the selection process by contacting our Recruiting Coordinator at .
EEO is the law. To review your rights under Equal Employment Opportunity please visit: www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Signup for an account
to get information on applying for a job.