Bilingual Membership Representative - Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania at The Nielsen Company
Posted in Sales 30+ days ago.
This job brought to you by eQuest
Location: Washington, Washington DC
Bilingual Membership Representative - Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania - 553
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment - USA Washington, Washington D.C.
Bilingual Membership Representative (Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania)
TOP REASONS WHY WORKING AT NIELSEN IS PRETTY AWESOME:
- Make your friends with boring corporate jobs jealous!
- Be the Best! - No other company in the world knows more about what consumers watch, listen to and buy!
- Put your whole self in ..... get a whole lot out. Be who you are when you come to work!
- Never Stop Learning: Our real world is your classroom
- Recognition received for Nielsen’s commitment to excellence and innovation: Diversity Inc, Human Rights Campaign, Fortune Magazine and Great Place to Work, and more!
Like what you see so far? Read more to find out about the expectations of the Membership Representative role as well as the benefits!
Who is Nielsen? Founded in 1923, Nielsen is the global authority on the consumer. We study consumers in more than 100 countries to give a complete view of trends and habits worldwide on what people watch, listen to and buy!
Membership Representative: Recruits selected homes to participate in our TV, Radio and Computer Research for Nielsen Ratings.
What does a Membership Representative do?
- Drive to selected homes within a designated territory, using company-provided vehicle and supplied GPS
- Approach statistically-selected homes without an appointment/unannounced
- Persuade Nielsen families to participate in Nielsen TV, Radio and Computer Research
- Use influencing skills and techniques to maximize potential Nielsen family participation and in some cases once they agree to participate in the study, coach household members on how to use the Nielsen equipment
- Conduct in-person interviews with Nielsen families to gather, collect, and enter demographic data to ensure they meet established criteria
- Collaborate with various departments within Nielsen to ensure a quality sample
- Drive and commute long distances, up to 200 miles per trip and able to be outside, in all weather and traffic conditions
- Navigate secured buildings, gated communities, stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a wide variety entrances into a potential Nielsen family residence
- Work independently from a home office environment
- Relevant experience: customer service, market research, census bureau research, in-field research, social service, sales, or Business to Consumer (B2C) in-home contact
- Flexibility to work remotely in a non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
- Computer/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
- Smartphone proficiency
- Comprehensive background check, including criminal and motor vehicle record required
- Have a valid driver’s license, car insurance, and satisfactory driving record
- Bilingual language skills: Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese, Tagalog, Japanese, Korean
- Bachelors, Associates, or technical degree
What are the Benefits?
Comprehensive benefits package effective the first day of employment. We offer unlimited career and high earning potential, top-of-the-line training and other great benefits, including:
- Extensive paid sales training program with training in various locations – lodging and transportation included
- Competitive compensation package including base annual salary, plus:
- Generous commission plan based on performance
- Potential for paid overtime
- Language pay differential to those who qualify
- Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance
- Tablet, home printer, and cell phone (monthly talk and data service provided)
- 401(k) Plan with company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off including holidays, vacation, personal and sick days, maternity and parental leave
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Washington,Washington D.C.
Seconday Locations: , , ,
Travel: Yes, 50% of the Time